Stop the update nag

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Arrakis

Stop the update nag

Post by Arrakis »

I'm using version 7.40 (tried later versions, all of which are horrible) so this is the one that, at least, works for me.
However, I can't stop the daily update nag.
I go to default settings, then general, then select another option such as DO NOT UPDATE or ONCE A MONTH, but still get a daily nag when opening the program.
Anyone know how to actually turn it off?

Thanks
BrimStone

Re: Stop the update nag

Post by BrimStone »

The LATEST version of ConvertXtoDVD is 7.0.0.61 as of 8-8-2018. Are you from the future and the program is STILL buggy??? :shock:

Ok, your are probably not from the future and just jumbled your numbers. I've had the same problem as well, and I have the option set to "DO NOT NOTIFY UPDATE". From my experience, once you put in your VALID product key, the program "calls home" to make sure your key is valid. It seems to check this product key several times after it is installed, after that it doesn't "call home" but STILL checks for an update even when set NOT to. You can block the program from going out with a firewall program, such as Zone Alarm. This will stop it from checking for updates, even when you tell it NOT to check.
Arrakis

Re: Stop the update nag

Post by Arrakis »

[quote]Ok, your are probably not from the future and just jumbled your numbers.[/quote]
Yeah....I dropped the 0.0. since it's obvious to anyone who has installed the program. The .40 is the only version I can run without problems....each update is worse than the previous

[quote]Zone Alarm. This will stop it from checking for updates, even when you tell it NOT to check.
[/quote]
Thanks...I'll give that a shot.