Subtitle sync under Windows 10

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

singbiker

Subtitle sync under Windows 10

Post by singbiker »

I've been using ConvertXtoDVD for over ten years on my trusty Sager Gaming Laptop with nary a glitch. Sadly, the Sager is giving up the ghost after having traveled the world with me. I decided to build a new Desktop, since I seldom travel having retired to Beautiful Costa Rica. Unfortunately, I purchased an Intel 7th Generation CPU which is specifically designed to ONLY work with Windows 10! After much struggling with ASUS Tech Support I was FINALLY able to install a 64 bit copy of Windows 10 Professional.
I installed the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD and was really impressed with it's performance. Conversions that would take one and a half hours on the Sager were completing in 20 minutes on the new machine. The I noticed the fatal flaw! As careful as I am to correctly sync my Subtitles before the rip When the project was completed I find that the subtitles have become delayed by over two minutes.
So I am forced to rely on my poor old Sager for my burning duties until my Brother returns from the States with my new/old Generation 6 I5 quad-core processor to replace this I7-6600 Kaby Lake Judas processor that will ONLY run Windows 10. Then I can revert to the O.S. I love, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit!
In the meantime, does anyone know how to correct the sync problem?

singbiker
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Subtitle sync under Windows 10

Post by Coral »

2 minutes is rather a long time. Does it happen with all movies ?
I don't work much with subtitles, but I know that there is a setting which you can try to adjust the synchronization.
I am on my tablet at the moment and don't remember where the setting is. So you have to look around for it.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Subtitle sync under Windows 10

Post by JJ »

Kaby Lake CPUs can use Win7 or almost any other OS. But that is not the problem.

Subtitles being off by two minutes is most likely due problem in that subtitle file.
What format is the movie?
What format is the subtitle file?
Are they delayed same amount from start or drifting all the time?
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!