Help please

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

QuiBonJen22

Help please

Post by QuiBonJen22 »

I am having a major issue here... I cant get Convertxtodvd to work at all.. can someone please help me get this solved... every time I start to convert it, it pops up a ! in red and the log says Error while encoding file: VTS_01_1.VOB. and it says it pretty fast... I been using ConvertXtoDVD for a few years and have had no issues for the most part... I downloaded the most up to date one just a couple days ago and ever since I have not been able to get past this. I have tried different movies different setting, resetting, completely uninstalling, and reinstalling. I have tried different or older versions.. and nothing is helping... I am just stuck and at a loss here... so I am asking for help here... please, someone, figure this out for me...
wtin

Re: Help please

Post by wtin »

You need to write out the steps you did to cause the problem.

For example, something like:

1. Load 3 MP4 files.
2. Choose associated subtitle (SRT) files.
3. Choose no menu.
4. Set output to burn to single layer DVD disk.
5. Save project as "My project 1"
6. Program crashes with message, "Something went wrong!"

Something like this so they can reproduce the bug and hopefully will provide a fix.
QuiBonJen22

Post by QuiBonJen22 »

I figured out what the problem, I think. its AVG. I turned it off and it started working fine.. so any idea how to fix this? besides turning it off.
CLHatch

Post by CLHatch »

QuiBonJen22 wrote:I figured out what the problem, I think. its AVG. I turned it off and it started working fine.. so any idea how to fix this? besides turning it off.
I haven't used AVG in a while, but I wonder if for some reason AVG is trying to scan the .VOB file when it's created. While it's doing this, ConvertXtoDVD fails because the file is "in use" by AVG?

Would be odd, seeing as a VOB file isn't an executable, but it's a possibility, since turning off AVG seems to fix it for you.
wtin

AVG

Post by wtin »

Good to know.

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection (server edition) and thankfully it hasn't bombed other programs running .. yet.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: AVG

Post by Coral »

wtin wrote:Good to know.

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection (server edition) and thankfully it hasn't bombed other programs running .. yet.
That is why I always use a computer without a virus scanner and no internet.
I use a separate computer for any internet connections.

I also backup the System HDD with Acronis True Image just after I install the OS and all the software. That way I can recover my full HDD and be up and running within a few minutes if something happens.
wtin

Backing up hard drive

Post by wtin »

That is why I always use a computer without a virus scanner and no internet. I use a separate computer for any internet connections. I also backup the System HDD with Acronis True Image just after I install the OS and all the software. That way I can recover my full HDD and be up and running within a few minutes if something happens.

-----------

I use Veritas / Symantec System Recovery to back up my hard drive. I think it's a good idea to have an isolated/off-grid machine.

I am worried that the folks at VSO have been so quiet - if I have to reinstall the programs again, will they activate? (Will the activate server be around?)
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Backing up hard drive

Post by Coral »

wtin wrote:I am worried that the folks at VSO have been so quiet - if I have to reinstall the programs again, will they activate? (Will the activate server be around?)
Don't warry VSO are still there. The problem is that they are working on a very low staff fource. I have no doubt that activations will still work.