Too Many Subtitles

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

Too Many Subtitles

Post by eddie11013 »

Saw this for the second time. Easy solution was to get rid of some of the subtitles, and then the program worked just fine. latest version 57.

this is just an fyi,
hope this helps.
Attachments
ConvertX - Too many subs.PNG
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Too Many Subtitles

Post by Coral »

eddie11013 wrote:Saw this for the second time. Easy solution was to get rid of some of the subtitles, and then the program worked just fine. latest version 57.

this is just an fyi,
hope this helps.
Your movie file has subtitles alredy contained inside the file. And you are probably adding more of the same language.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

@Coral

Obviously my "Subject" line was incorrect. The 'creator' of the file was trying to ensure that there were subtitles for as many people as possible. Good for him or her. I was simple trying to show that if you tried to convert with "all" of these subtitles included that ConvertX would not allow you to do so. Again, the simple solution would be to delete the ones you don't need and then the process could go forward.

And "NO" I did not add any additional subtitles. And while there seems to be some duplicates, I did not "add" them. There was "NOT" an additional subtitle folder.

Thanks for replying
Attachments
Roxanne.PNG
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

I know no one is currently looking at these various issues that are being posted, accept for regular forum members, but I just thought I would post that I found another "movie" file that had a "lot" of subtitles included and that convertxtodvd would not allow to go forward.

As previously stated, I went the simple route and deleted some of the subtitles that I didn't need and then I was able to proceed with the conversion.

That's it. The end. Hope this helps!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

@eddie
Your report has been noted. Bug ID. 13482 "Embedded Subtitles in MKV are not all converted to DVD"
It should be fixed in a future version.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

DVD has limit of 32 subtitle tracks.
There can not be more.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

@JJ
Understood, I downloaded the following file: Sun.Dogs.2017.1080p.NF.Webrip.DD5.1x264-NTg. It did "not" contain an 'external' subs folder. When file is loaded into convertxtodvd with latest version "59", it showed "25" subtitles, and it stated it could not be processed. As previously stated, upon removing some, and in my case, most, of the subtitles, I was able to proceed with the conversion.
Thanks for replying, hope this helps.
CLHatch

Post by CLHatch »

JJ wrote:DVD has limit of 32 subtitle tracks.
There can not be more.
Just out of curiosity, is the limit 32 subtitle tracks per title, or per DVD?
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

Just a little followup. As previously stated the above file with 25 subtitles would not process, upon removal of '2' subs, bringing the total down to "23" the process could continue. Again, I only really wanted only "one", in my case, English, but the fact the file contained 25 or maybe more was good so that people could get the "one" they needed. Just to add to the comment by CLHatch, I was only making a DVD with this "one" file. Not several movies on this one DVD.

Hope this helps.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

It should be 32 subtitles per vob - meaning per title usually.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Subtitles
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!