saving edits

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Judyw

saving edits

Post by Judyw »

I am new to video editing . I have a long project with multiple parts. After I have finished edits and cutting a part, is it saved somewhere? Should it be converted or do you only convert the fully edited project.

I am confused about how to save part of a project and then work on other parts the next day. Do I have to do all my editing in one day?

Thanks

Judy :?:
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: saving edits

Post by Coral »

Save the work as a project from the file menu. Don't move or delete anything after saving a project. You can come back and load the project anytime, even after switching off your computer and continue from there. Or convert the project.
Judyw

Post by Judyw »

I did all that and worked on one file of my new project. But today I cannot find the new project - Where are these projects stored?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

A little "trick". Produce another project. You don't have to go into any details. Just load a movie and from the file menu choose Save Project As. That will take you to where all the projects are stored by default. You will find the project you have previously saved there. It would probably be in the Documents folder.