Strange new problem for me

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Kittysafe

Strange new problem for me

Post by Kittysafe »

Convert x loading files hangs at parsing files when browser (Chrome) is open
This seems to be a new problem that solves itself when I close down my browser, but this never happened before.

THANKS
cherishjoo

Re: Strange new problem for me

Post by cherishjoo »

No error message?
Kittysafe

Post by Kittysafe »

No, cos it's just stuck at parsing, like the whole program just slows big time.
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

I was having a similar problem and I uninstalled the program and reinstalled and the problem went away. Latest version .56
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

If you close chrome while CxD is hung does the load resume?
Kittysafe

Post by Kittysafe »

Yes, so I wind up having to close Chrome every time I am loading files which is annoying.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Kittysafe wrote:Yes, so I wind up having to close Chrome every time I am loading files which is annoying.
In theory you shouldn't need to. But when dealing with a heavy task like parsing and burning it would be best to avoid multitasking.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Is Chrome using hardware to increase speed?
That might cause problems with some programs, specially if Chrome is allowed to leave processes alive when closing.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

I use a screen capture program and HAVE to turn off hardware acceleration I think it’s called....in advanced settings maybe, disable the hardware option.....causes all sorts of issues

Good luck
BrimStone

Post by BrimStone »

I like Google products but NOT Chrome, Firefox for me. But I also do NOT browse the web, watching Youtube, etc while doing a conversion. Do NOT do other things when doing a conversion.

It also goes without saying (but I'm gonna say it anyway!) to make sure you don't have any virus/malware running on your system that could corrupt memory causing a conversion error. Malwarebytes has several very good FREE programs you can run to see if your are clean of those little nasties!!! :shock:

Also, close ALL programs before doing a conversion (which INCLUDES your browser!), such as any anti-virus/malware program (Windows Defender is crap, ALWAYS disable it), turn off defragging programs, disable screensavers (default power saving options should be ok), and any other programs that can be closed or disabled. You want the conversion program to have MAXIMUM resources and ALL cpu/gpu cycles to do its thing.

When you start the conversion, leave it alone.