cannot convert to dvd if I use/insert srt subtitles

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ttodd0450

cannot convert to dvd if I use/insert srt subtitles

Post by ttodd0450 »

Lately I have discovered a problem over the past 4 weeks., If I convert using an MP4 file it will convert ( conversion).. BUT if I add english subtitles ( .srt) It will fail before the burn ( voice says You have a problem)
My version is the latest 7.0.0.52 version .

I have written to support about this and they say to to reinstall or update or whatever.. I think it is a new Problem with copyright protection built into the latest movie releases .. as this problem does bnot happen with much older titles or my own edited video 's ..

Is there a reported problem about this? Why after two or three failures in converting BUT by taking out the subtitle the conversion goes through .. ???

someone must know maybe ..?

Is there a build I can download prior to 7 ( such as 6 ) to test this theory of the latest build..? all my titles built before .52 Never had this problem and I have burnt over a thousand titles for myself ..
I have crash logs if need be ..
Thanks
ttodd0450

Re: cannot convert to dvd if I use/insert srt subtitles

Post by ttodd0450 »

just ran a new test with older mpeg titles and subtitles worked fine with conversion it seems to be Newer titles are not converted with subtitles added .. take out subtitles conversions work,,

still like to check this theory of mine with an older program such as the six series ...
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

What type of subtitles are you using ? Is it the permanent type ? Or the type that you can switch on and off ?
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

The issue you describe was fixed in version 53, please update to latest beta available here: cxd-v7-beta-t19580.html