audio track question

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

eddie11013

audio track question

Post by eddie11013 »

I downloaded a movie file, and as I often do, I checked it for sound and if there were any embedded subtitles. The sound started ok but after one minute the sound was gone, and no more sound for the rest of the movie. I was using k-lite codec pack and their media player which I have used like forever. I tried windows media player, still no sound. I downloaded the vlc player and the sound was complete for the entire movie. I downloaded a different file for the same movie and same result - no sound. So question, if I convert this movie "will I have sound". I have several other movie files and the sound is good with all of them. Using latest version, currently I think "51". I also uninstalled "k-lite full codec pack" redownloaded a fresh copy and installed same, and "no" sound.

FYI, this is an "old" movie - 1930's.

Thanks in advance
eddie11013

Re: audio track question

Post by eddie11013 »

Conversion failed - log attached. wonder why vlc player played file without issue.
Attachments
ConvertXtoDVD 7_mainlog.20171025.180420.286.log
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

PM Sent
eddie11013

Post by eddie11013 »

File sent. Thanks
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

There seems to be issues with audio parsing for this file, among our test players only VLC can read the audio correctly, others will fail or have seek issues.
Maybe our next ffmpeg update will fix the issue but I can't say for sure