DRM Protection

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

slee02

DRM Protection

Post by slee02 »

Ever since a few updates ago...I have to continously authenticate my copy of ConvertXtoDVD 7.x.x every version (including beta)...before this was not the case....if I don't let the program go to the internet it will leave me copy in trial mode....why was this implemended? Before I could just install and update all versions 7.x.x and no re-authorization....I wont have Internet access in the future, so I'm worried I wouldn't be able to use my paid copy.

How about every 6 months?

Thanks..
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: DRM Protection

Post by felicia »

Hi, We need more info, please use the "Report a Bug" option from within the application.
slee02

Post by slee02 »

[quote="felicia"]Hi, We need more info, please use the "Report a Bug" option from within the application.[/quote]

Ok, but I don't think it's a bug...because when I install a new version on top of the old version (including betas) it wants to go online to validate the license. If I don't allow it to go online to validate the license, the program reverts to trial mode. This has just started in maybe last 5-10 versions (including betas)????

Just a pain...the versions before this...I would validate license once installed and that was it.

Thanks for the reply.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

slee02 wrote:Ever since a few updates ago...I have to continously authenticate my copy of ConvertXtoDVD 7.x.x every version (including beta)...before this was not the case....if I don't let the program go to the internet it will leave me copy in trial mode....why was this implemended? Before I could just install and update all versions 7.x.x and no re-authorization....I wont have Internet access in the future, so I'm worried I wouldn't be able to use my paid copy.

How about every 6 months?

Thanks..
You normally need the internet just once for authentication.
I'll contact Claire. She will be able to help you to register off line.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I've send you an email that should help smooth out the problem.