Re thumbnail options

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

reddwarf4ever

Re thumbnail options

Post by reddwarf4ever »

I was hoping for some improvement in V7 but unfortunately not. Each video thumbnail has n option for start position and duration.....the duration can be applied to all thumbnails but the Start position cannot, it must be tediously set for Every thumbnail. Really can't see why each thumbnail would require different settings, but maybe a global or local button to allow individual changes or one setting to apply to all thumbnails....

Plus I know this isn't the place, but Claire told me ages ago that she would fix the problem with the batcher program, where it doesn't shut down when in safe mode.

Thanks
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Re thumbnail options

Post by Coral »

reddwarf4ever wrote:I was hoping for some improvement in V7 but unfortunately not. Each video thumbnail has n option for start position and duration.....the duration can be applied to all thumbnails but the Start position cannot, it must be tediously set for Every thumbnail. Really can't see why each thumbnail would require different settings, but maybe a global or local button to allow individual changes or one setting to apply to all thumbnails..
The problem a with global setting, as I see it is. If you set a global position and the start position happens to be black or blured on any of the thumbnails, it will not look so nice. Or perhaps you will want to show a particular significant sequence or frame. This can only be done with an individual start position setting.
I don't think I have ever come across a DVD authoring application which has a global start position for thumbnails. However I wouldn't mind having an option of settings if it is at all
possible.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Where the compilation is a series, e.g. A cartoon series, the title sequence for Every episode is the same and has the same duration, so if there are 10-15 titles on the compilation, it would be great to set ALL the thumbnails to start at the end of the title sequence e.g. 25 seconds and then run for 30-40 seconds, so the displayed thumbnails actually better represent the episode which is much better than them all showing the same sequence...
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

reddwarf4ever wrote:Where the compilation is a series, e.g. A cartoon series, the title sequence for Every episode is the same and has the same duration, so if there are 10-15 titles on the compilation, it would be great to set ALL the thumbnails to start at the end of the title sequence e.g. 25 seconds and then run for 30-40 seconds, so the displayed thumbnails actually better represent the episode which is much better than them all showing the same sequence...
That is just one example which applies to a series. I have been refering to single titlesets and chapter thumbnails.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Never use chapters for a single video...

But do lots of series......so for anyone doing series with multiple episodes , which must be common, this would help

Thanks