ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Post by felicia »

Samuel wrote:I've just started to use 7.0.0.28 and have discovered two anomalies so far.

1. I have 8 processor cores and all of then were used simultaneously in version 6.x.x.x. Now only one video at the times is being converted.

2. In my present project I have 10 small files, all of them had original names like 456847314_p1.mp4. I always change the name of files before I add them to a project, find it much easier than changing the name later. However they mysteriously retain the original name when dropped into the VSO interface. So the above 456847314_p1.mp4 that I named Bishop.mp4 in the Windows folder is called 456847314_p1.mp4 inside VSO.
Hi,

1. There was a crash provoked by ram overuse with multiple conversions if there number was to high or too many cores were allowed to conversions. The issue was fixed in .27, in order to fix the issue a delay must be set between conversion launches, this delay is at the moment set to 10 seconds. That's why if your videos are short you're under the impression that multiple conversions don't work, and that's why coral couldn't reproduce the issue. In the future once I'm sure that this method works, I'll try to reduce the delay. Edit:Can you check your max simultaneous conversions settings

2. In the general settings uncheck "Import file metadata when loading files.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

felicia wrote:
Hi,

1. There was a crash provoked by ram overuse with multiple conversions if there number was to high or too many cores were allowed to conversions. The issue was fixed in .27, in order to fix the issue a delay must be set between conversion launches, this delay is at the moment set to 10 seconds. That's why if your videos are short you're under the impression that multiple conversions don't work, and that's why coral couldn't reproduce the issue. In the future once I'm sure that this method works, I'll try to reduce the delay. Edit:Can you check your max simultaneous conversions settings

2. In the general settings uncheck "Import file metadata when loading files.
2. Yes, you are right. Believe it or not, I actually discovered this myself by dropping one of the files on a text editor and search for the reappearing file name.

1. You are right here too. Many very short files in this project combined with the delay gives the impression of dealing with just one at the time. The Maximum simultaneous conversion setting is 8, a number set by VSO itself and corresponding nicely to the actually number of cores.
yst

Post by yst »

Program does not play Process Completed sound at the end of the operation.
W10 x64 bit
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

yst wrote:Program does not play Process Completed sound at the end of the operation.
W10 x64 bit
You have to teach it to the parrot :lol: . I'm just joking.
Make sure that that particular sound is ticked. You should heir "Operation has been completed"
yst

Post by yst »

[quote="Coral"][quote="yst"]Program does not play Process Completed sound at the end of the operation.
W10 x64 bit[/quote]

You have to teach it to the parrot :lol: . I'm just joking.
Make sure that that particular sound is ticked. You should heir "Operation has been completed"[/quote]I never un-ticked Play Sound Events and did not change anything in that settings over the years of using C2D.
So I don't really know how to teach the clogged throat parrot.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

Perhaps you could try to install CX7 again.
Make sure that you tick the 3 options during installation. Thus giving you a clean installation.
You will have to reset all your prefaired settings.
You can also check is there is any problem with mp3 files.
Go to C:\Program Files (×86)\VSO\common\sounds and try to play one of the mp3 files.
I hope you will get that dumb parrot to speak. Lol.
yst

Re: Coral

Post by yst »

[quote="Coral"]Perhaps you could try to install CX7 again.
Make sure that you tick the 3 options during installation. Thus giving you a clean installation.
You will have to reset all your prefaired settings.
You can also check is there is any problem with mp3 files.
Go to C:\Program Files (×86)\VSO\common\sounds and try to play one of the mp3 files.
I hope you will get that dumb parrot to speak. Lol.[/quote]
Clean reinstalling didn't help. MP3 plays well and there is only one notification did not makes sound.

This problem is less important comparing to the inability CX7 to properly turn off the computer every time after finishing the job as it happened yesterday morning when I left for work and after returning home found the computer running with just a few services shut down.

So far CX7 failed to turn off computer at list twice and did it properly about dozen times . This becomes a real problem for me.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Can you attach a copy of the pm3 file which doesn't play for you ?

The second problem you are having is a bit strange decause it is intermittent. Perhaps there is a condition which is causing the PC to hold it from closing down.
yst

Post by yst »

[quote="Coral"]Can you attach a copy of the pm3 file which doesn't play for you ?

The second problem you are having is a bit strange decause it is intermittent. Perhaps there is a condition which is causing the PC to hold it from closing down.[/quote]
The problem is not with the mp3 file - it plays in CX6 perfectly but not in CX7[attachment=0]OnOperationComplete_0409.mp3[/attachment]
Attachments
OnOperationComplete_0409.mp3
File
(45.95 KiB) Downloaded 2130 times
yst

Post by yst »

Today again CX7 failed turn off computer after converting.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

yst wrote:Today again CX7 failed turn off computer after converting.
I'm sorry but I could not reproduce your issues.
I used the mp3 file on both my computers and it payed fine.
As for the shut down problem. I have applied the setting several times without issues.
When problems are intermittent it would be difficult to reproduce. As far as I know there have been no reports of both your issues.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@yst
what is your OS? (for shutdown problem)
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Claire wrote:@yst
what is your OS? (for shutdown problem)
Hi Claire,
OS. is Win 10 - 64bit. Same as mine. I couldn't reproduce. Perhaps can have a try.
yst

Post by yst »

Hi there.
First, thanks Felicia for the testing.

Second, I found conditions when there is no sound "Work completed". It happened when in Burning Default Setting applied "Burn result to disc or as an ISO file in working folder". in both cases burning a disc and creating a ISO there is no sound.

And sound present when that option unticked. Only this state was used for the online sound testing.
deadlyshadow
VSO Fanatic

Post by deadlyshadow »

I really hate this nonsense VSO strategy that " Bigger is not better" but it is.

Please add options that let users to decide how their movies convert to DVD, VSO CQ encoding almost destroys even very good quality sources especially dark scenes, ConvertXtoDVD uses the minimal Bitrate for these scenes so almost nothing is visible or it's full of pixilation.

Please let us destroy the quality of our DVDs and Fill the DVDs to the last sector.

Regards
Kimg0485

Post by Kimg0485 »

I bought this program a few weeks ago and haven't been able to use it. It converts files fine but will not recognize the dvd burner; internal or external. Anyone know how I can fix this problem? I'm running it on a Mac running parallels, not sure if that matters.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Seems that Parallels is not providing proper access to burner.
Solution is to make ISO file, then burn that to DVD with MACs own program.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »