ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

sabre

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.26

Post by sabre »

yst wrote:When cancelling ongoing job it saying " Down, we have a problem", and error balloon comes up.
That is odd, for me it says "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that". :wink:
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Joke taken :D
sabre

Post by sabre »

Cheers! :P
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Thanks to you sabre, my day started with a laugh.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.25

Post by felicia »

DaveRFD wrote:Howdy

Using the "Deep (Internal) theme
Text colour is very difficult to read
2017-02-23_23-59-33.jpg
Dave
Hi Dave,

Since the Deep theme had a compatibility issue with the program we've removed it. We've added two other themes, I hope you like one of them.

Felicià
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.27

Post by Claire »

new beta posted
sabre

Post by sabre »

felicia wrote:Thanks to you sabre, my day started with a laugh.
Good to hear, any time. :)
yst

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Post by yst »

Just noticed, in all previous versions Logs can be seen in the same windows as the pogram works. In v.7 it opens in the separate window.
This is very inconvenient.
Is it possible to return the Logs back on the bottom were it use to be for the years?
Thanks
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

yst wrote:Just noticed, in all previous versions Logs can be seen in the same windows as the pogram works. In v.7 it opens in the separate window.
Is it possible to return the Logs back on the bottom were it use to be for the years?
Thanks
I think you should give yourself some time to get used to the new way the log file can be viewed and manipulated.
The icon on the top menu is conveniently placed and I consider the general outlook to be better.
Also having the log window separated from the rest of the application gives the user the advantage of placing it at any screen location.
Beside, all the VSO applications now have a standard log window.
DaveRFD

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.25

Post by DaveRFD »

felicia wrote:
DaveRFD wrote:Howdy

Using the "Deep (Internal) theme
Text colour is very difficult to read
2017-02-23_23-59-33.jpg
Dave
Hi Dave,

Since the Deep theme had a compatibility issue with the program we've removed it. We've added two other themes, I hope you like one of them.

Felicià
Thanks Felicia!
Still wondering if we can get the title box and preview screen in the Cinema template moved apart like we did in V6, it really is a PITB to have to manually jigger them about, the overlap forces me to shove the title box to it's max height, or lower the movie screen partially out of it's background, on the bottom edge.
Thanks
yst

Re: Coral

Post by yst »

[quote="Coral"][quote="yst"]Just noticed, in all previous versions Logs can be seen in the same windows as the pogram works. In v.7 it opens in the separate window.
Thanks[/quote]

I think you should give yourself some time to get used to the new way the log file can be viewed and manipulated.
The icon on the top menu is conveniently placed and I consider the general outlook to be better.
Also having the log window separated from the rest of the application gives the user the advantage of placing it at any screen location.
Beside, all the VSO applications now have a standard log window.[/quote]I am talking about convenience of the information at the same window and not flooding a desktop by numbers of the windows.
By the way, thanks for extremely fast and polite answer.
Lucsa

Post by Lucsa »

Hi I'm new here and I've been using ConvertXtoDvd since a long time ago, mostly the 4 version, so I decided to give a try and I'm in a trial period with the versions 6 and 7
So I have a few questions:

How can I remove the main movie title? Because this is superimposing the text in the custom background image I have.

My PC is weak with a Intel Celeron E3300 dual core and I dont have any GPU card, but I've been observing that the CxD4 encoding is about 25% faster than the versions: 5,6,7 in my computer, it's a hardware issue? The new menus architetures add extra time to the whole conversion process? Or I am confused because I moved to a new version and I'm very used to the old one?

So, I'm considering buy the new version when it comes out, its a very nice piece of software, the upgrade is very nice. I'm very satisfied with the final result, specially now when we can customize the menus, trim/merge, add effects and feel like a kind of "movie director".

BTW sorry if some setences appear weird, I'm not a good writer of english but I can understand everything when I read.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

yst wrote:Just noticed, in all previous versions Logs can be seen in the same windows as the pogram works. In v.7 it opens in the separate window.
Thanks
As Coral said, now we have the same behaviour in all our programs.
The new log also comes with a search function that I find helpfull.
The old log behaviour had some issues:
  • - It would pop up all the time (now warnings and errors are also shown in the status bar).
    - With small resolutions, in order to have a global view of the log you had to loose access to the program.
When we were discussing this issue here someone pointed the same thing you have, that's why there's a feature request to add a snap behaviour to the log window which will mimic the old behaviour.

Regards,
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Lucsa wrote:Hi I'm new here and I've been using ConvertXtoDvd since a long time ago, mostly the 4 version, so I decided to give a try and I'm in a trial period with the versions 6 and 7
So I have a few questions:
Lucsa wrote: How can I remove the main movie title? Because this is superimposing the text in the custom background image I have.
In the menu editor, select any item you want hidden and then click on the "eye" button in the tool bar to hide it. Click again to show it.
Lucsa wrote: My PC is weak with a Intel Celeron E3300 dual core and I dont have any GPU card, but I've been observing that the CxD4 encoding is about 25% faster than the versions: 5,6,7 in my computer, it's a hardware issue? The new menus architetures add extra time to the whole conversion process? Or I am confused because I moved to a new version and I'm very used to the old one?
The newer versions menu engine is in fact slower when encoding the menus. But it offers large amounts of customization.
Lucsa wrote: So, I'm considering buy the new version when it comes out, its a very nice piece of software, the upgrade is very nice. I'm very satisfied with the final result, specially now when we can customize the menus, trim/merge, add effects and feel like a kind of "movie director".
You can upgrade to V6 now, as you get a 1 year free updates, when V7 comes out you will be able to upgrade free of charge.
Lucsa wrote: BTW sorry if some setences appear weird, I'm not a good writer of english but I can understand everything when I read.
Same here
yst

Post by yst »

felicia wrote:
Thanks
As Coral said, now we have the same behaviour in all our programs.
The new log also comes with a search function that I find helpfull.
The old log behaviour had some issues:
  • - It would pop up all the time (now warnings and errors are also shown in the status bar).
    - With small resolutions, in order to have a global view of the log you had to loose access to the program.
When we were discussing this issue here someone pointed the same thing you have, that's why there's a feature request to add a snap behaviour to the log window which will mimic the old behaviour.

Regards,
Thank you felicia,. I see the point now.
DaveRFD

Post by DaveRFD »

Hi everyone

Just to let you know, when I first loaded a movie into V.28 and edited the Preview Menu as I wanted it, the audio was horribly jumbled on the preview of the Preview. I removed the project and started again and this time it seemed OK.
Just an FYI in case this turns out to be an issue.

Dave
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

DaveRFD wrote:Hi everyone

Just to let you know, when I first loaded a movie into V.28 and edited the Preview Menu as I wanted it, the audio was horribly jumbled on the preview of the Preview. I removed the project and started again and this time it seemed OK.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the feedback.
Does the audio issue appear everytime you add the video for the first time or was it a one time issue?

BR,

Felicià
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

I've just started to use 7.0.0.28 and have discovered two anomalies so far.

1. I have 8 processor cores and all of then were used simultaneously in version 6.x.x.x. Now only one video at the times is being converted.

2. In my present project I have 10 small files, all of them had original names like 456847314_p1.mp4. I always change the name of files before I add them to a project, find it much easier than changing the name later. However they mysteriously retain the original name when dropped into the VSO interface. So the above 456847314_p1.mp4 that I named Bishop.mp4 in the Windows folder is called 456847314_p1.mp4 inside VSO.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

I have just tested what you are reporting and did not have any problems.

I have changed the names of the titles of all 4 movies and they all kept the changed title.

In the Encoding menu, I have set the Maximum simultaneous conversions to 4.
I set Maximum number of cores to 4 (according to my processor)
Loaded 4 movies and all have started to be processed simultaneously with a slight time interval between them.

I have also saved this as a project and still had no problems.
DaveRFD

Post by DaveRFD »

felicia wrote:
DaveRFD wrote:Hi everyone

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the feedback.
Does the audio issue appear everytime you add the video for the first time or was it a one time issue?

BR,

Felicià
Hello Felicia

I haven't had the chance to try & reproduce this as of yet, the reload fixed it and I converted & burned it already. Right now I'm encoding a large BR50 project, but as soon as this is done, I'll try making a few projects in CX2DVD and see if it was just a one time issue, or not.

EDIT - I just tried 3 new projects in CX2DVD, changed durations, default start time and everything else I could and I was unable to reproduce it again. I think it was just a one time anomaly, but there was something different about that one now that I think of it.
When I 1st loaded the project, the small preview screen in the left frame was just grey static and when I went into Advanced Edit and changed the preview times, the screen there was just grey static as well. The video seemed to fix itself after about 5 seconds, but the audio was garbled.
I have had a few quick flashes of this grey screen as I load a project and/or make edits to the preview, but so far it fixes itself quickly and the audio is fine.
I'll try and grab some screenshots after my other project finishes.

Dave