ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

sabre

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.24

Post by sabre »

*Edit - Disregard.
Last edited by sabre on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jramos95

Re: Coral

Post by jramos95 »

Coral wrote:@ jramos95
I'm sure you will understand that writing software requires previous planning. It appears that since nobody ever showed the need for having a diffwrent background for each title page, this option has not been implemented. There could be a time in the future that such option will be possible without upsetting anyting.
I perfectly understand that programing is not easy, it takes a lot of time and pacience, I just hope that you (please) keep that in mind :) I'm sure that I'm not the only one who might want that, besides (and more important), it means an improvement in what DVD authoring refers, don't you think so? :wink:
jramos95

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.25

Post by jramos95 »

Visual theme Office2007 Black, text not visible at subs advanced settings

felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

jramos95 wrote:
Coral wrote:@ jramos95
I'm sure you will understand that writing software requires previous planning. It appears that since nobody ever showed the need for having a diffwrent background for each title page, this option has not been implemented. There could be a time in the future that such option will be possible without upsetting anyting.
I perfectly understand that programing is not easy, it takes a lot of time and pacience, I just hope that you (please) keep that in mind :) I'm sure that I'm not the only one who might want that, besides (and more important), it means an improvement in what DVD authoring refers, don't you think so? :wink:
A feature request has been added: http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=12647
I can't say for sure that you are the first one to ask for this option, but it's an extremely rare request.
The amount of work needed for this request and the low number of requests makes this a low priority issue. Not saying that I won't do it, just that I've got lot of things to do like...
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

jramos95 wrote:Visual theme Office2007 Black, text not visible at subs advanced settings

... Confirmed, will be fixed in the next build. If you find any other like this one, please do tell me.
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

felicia wrote:
A feature request has been added: http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=12647
I can't say for sure that you are the first one to ask for this option, but it's an extremely rare request.
The amount of work needed for this request and the low number of requests makes this a low priority issue. Not saying that I won't do it, just that I've got lot of things to do like...
Thank you very much! I apreciate that. As I said, you can take all the time you need... :)
felicia wrote: ... Confirmed, will be fixed in the next build. If you find any other like this one, please do tell me.
Sure, count on that.
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

Hi all, if you don´t care I need to know is "secure" to use this 0.0.25 beta right now? I mean, I need to work with some MKVs to DVD but first I so need to know

Thank you for your time
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

Hasbro wrote:Hi all, if you don´t care I need to know is "secure" to use this 0.0.25 beta right now? I mean, I need to work with some MKVs to DVD but first I so need to know

Thank you for your time
I have been using version 7 for quite some time without significant problems.
No problems with MKV's
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

Coral wrote:
Hasbro wrote:Hi all, if you don´t care I need to know is "secure" to use this 0.0.25 beta right now? I mean, I need to work with some MKVs to DVD but first I so need to know

Thank you for your time
No problems with MKV's
Thank you Coral but what are the problems that you have?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hasbro wrote:
Coral wrote:

Thank you for your time
No problems with MKV's
Thank you Coral but what are the problems that you have?
I dont have any problems. When I say no significant problems I mean that up to the most recent build there would be no known problems. But since ConvertX is constantly being improved minor changes and bugs can be discovered.
In contrast with other software houses, the VSO team is in direct contact with the users and do not hesitate to fix any bugs that may be noticed or improve the software upon reasonable requests. If you read the varius threads in the forum you will know what I mean.
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

Thank you for answer me Coral, so can I ask? any date for know when final release just come out?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hasbro wrote:Thank you for answer me Coral, so can I ask? any date for know when final release just come out?
There is no final release, because as I said each version of this software keeps being updated and getting better.
DaveRFD

Post by DaveRFD »

Coral wrote:Hi Dave,
Regarding your post starting with the first line "Back to seriousness here". I can't see anyting wrong with the title text.
I don't consider it a fault when it is superimposed on the title picture. You can always play about with the text and title picture size settings.
Hi Coral

While it may look fine with small titles, once the title is longer than the screen itself, it just looks out of place.
I would prefer not to have it superimposed as the default setting, having everything cramped up high and a big empty space below makes it look cluttered and clunky IMO.
We changed this behavior in V6 and I think that worked wonderfully.

Oh yah...moan, moan...;)
(hahaha)

Dave
DaveRFD

Post by DaveRFD »

Howdy

Using the "Deep (Internal) theme
Text colour is very difficult to read
2017-02-23_23-59-33.jpg
Dave
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

DaveRFD wrote:Howdy

2017-02-23_23-59-33.jpg
Dave
The best theme I have found is the XPSilver. I will not use anyting else.
Last edited by Coral on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

I've read this http://forums.vso-software.fr/answers-t ... 11326.html but still don't understand why if I'm encoding 6 episodes or 8 (25min each one) the DVD size still the same 4 GB, why if I'm adding 2 episodes more the final size doesn't increases at least to 4,3 GB? Including that the quality decreases.

Edit: sorry for my ignorance, I always could change the DVD size manually :P

Edit 2: Well... even if I put a final size of 5000 MB the result is the same :|
Last edited by jramos95 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

Coral wrote:
Hasbro wrote:Thank you for answer me Coral, so can I ask? any date for know when final release just come out?
There is no final release, because as I said each version of this software keeps being updated and getting better.
All right and I understant it but if you let me ask again, I mean, I asking because the title "beta version" Or you mean Convertx 6 never was there "final"? always beta state?
DaveRFD

Post by DaveRFD »

Coral wrote:
DaveRFD wrote:Howdy

2017-02-23_23-59-33.jpg
Dave
The best theme I have found is the XPSilver. I will not use anyting else.
I used Elegant with V6, but I'm just looking for little problems like this in all of them right now. There are a few issues popping up in some themes, not sure which I'm going to choose as my fave yet.

D
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

Hasbro wrote:
Coral wrote:
All right and I understant it but if you let me ask again, I mean, I asking because the title "beta version" Or you mean Convertx 6 never was there "final"? always beta state?
Hi Coral and excuse me please for reply this, I need to know that if Convertxtodvd always is just beta? I mean for 6 and the uncomming 7?

I ask this because I use Convertxtodvd for my work and I just can´t deliver to my clients DVDs (eventually) with some errors and I don´t have time to proof any

I hope you can answer thank you dear
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

@ Hasbro
This is aquestion which can be answered by the VSO team.
What I can tell you is that from time to time there will be a stable version.