ConvertXtoDVD 7 Batcher

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Claire
VSO Team Member

ConvertXtoDVD 7 Batcher

Post by Claire »

Experimental Batcher beta 1.6.5.42 compatible with v7
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/CXToD ... 6.5.42.exe

Batcher beta 1.6.4.41 compatible with v7
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/CXToD ... 6.4.41.exe

Batcher beta 1.5.2.37 compatible v6
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/CXToD ... 5.2.37.exe

please report any problems here

VSO Batcher - 1.6.5.42 - Released 2018-01-31
============================================
- 0013077: [Bug] Priority settings revert when batcher is closed (felicia)
- 0013420: [Bug] Program prevents batcher to switch to next item if output is ISO (felicia)
- 0013421: [Bug] Load queue function does not work (felicia)

VSO Batcher - 1.6.4.41 - Released 2017-08-31
- 0013264: [Crash] Program stops responding after too many resources are requested (felicia)

VSO Batcher - 1.6.3.40 (Released 2016-02-08)
- 0012796: Program not closing properly when launched through batcher

VSO Batcher - 1.5.2.37 (Released 2016-02-08)
- 0011150: [Bug] Issue when selected template is "No menu" (felicia) - resolved.

VSO Batcher - 1.5.1.36 (Released 2016-01-21)
- 0011069: [Feature Request] Add support for ConvertXtoDVD 6 (felicia) - resolved.
Chevyguy85

Re: ConvertXtoDVD 6 Batcher beta

Post by Chevyguy85 »

Awesome thanks! Only thing that might be a problem for some is I tried upgrading from the previous version (1.4.2.35) using the update method in Batcher and it takes me to http://forums.vso-software.fr/vso-batcher-t16693.html instead. Also the "what's new" link is dead. This thread was easily found by googling VSO Batcher and the version number though. Now I just need to wait for Batcher to support ConvertXHD2. Initial test shows it opening x6 so I guess it works. I wonder if I were to put x5 and x6 in the Batcher if it would open each version according to what the project was created in.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Chevyguy85 wrote:Awesome thanks! Only thing that might be a problem for some is I tried upgrading from the previous version (1.4.2.35) using the update method in Batcher and it takes me to http://forums.vso-software.fr/vso-batcher-t16693.html instead. Also the "what's new" link is dead. This thread was easily found by googling VSO Batcher and the version number though. Now I just need to wait for Batcher to support ConvertXHD2. Initial test shows it opening x6 so I guess it works. I wonder if I were to put x5 and x6 in the Batcher if it would open each version according to what the project was created in.
Hi,

Thx for the feedback. Wrong link should be fixed in the next build. As for your wondering, the batcher will always target the latest CxD version installed.

Br,

Felicià
ChrisBebb

Post by ChrisBebb »

Hi,

I've just tried this out this evening - Worked okay for me converting multiple videos except for a problem with the menu option.

In the Batcher options i selected 'no menu' - this is also selected as the default option in ConvertXtoDVD 6. When the batch conversion starts, the conversion is running with one of the menu options selected. Any idea how i can get around this?

Thanks.

Chris.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

ChrisBebb wrote:Hi,

I've just tried this out this evening - Worked okay for me converting multiple videos except for a problem with the menu option.

In the Batcher options i selected 'no menu' - this is also selected as the default option in ConvertXtoDVD 6. When the batch conversion starts, the conversion is running with one of the menu options selected. Any idea how i can get around this?

Thanks.

Chris.
Are you using our latest version (6.0.0.23)?
I'm unable to reproduce your issue with Batcher 1.4.2.35 & CxD 6.0.0.23

Br,

Felicià
ChrisBebb

Post by ChrisBebb »

Thanks for the reply.

I was using version 6.0.0.18 with the Beta batcher - I've upgraded to 6.0.0.23 and appears to be working. I've just set 5 files converting so will report back when all done.

Thanks,

Chris.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

K2TBA

Re: ConvertXtoDVD 6 Batcher

Post by K2TBA »

Hi, Would like to say Thank You for the continued support with this great little program. However, I have been experiencing an issue with v6.0.0.23 when using the Batcher beta 1.5.2.37. Is there a work around for this as I have to physically close v6.0.0.23 before the Batcher prompts for it to re-open and begin the next conversion as it says it is already running.
Many Thanks

*CONVERTX IS RUNNING AT THE MOMENT - PLEASE CLOSE OR STOP BATCHER* Or something like that. . .
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

I installed the batcher program with V6 of CX2DVD installed and it complained it would only work with V5

So doesn't auto use current version of CX
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

I just installed the batcher...

Maybe i misunderstood, I assumed I could load the project files created with CXtoDVD and just process them in a batch method...

is there a tutorial
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Just tried batcher, not really what i wanted......I need to be able to batch run CXtoDVD Projects one after the other and the final conversion has the option to shut down the PC etc etc.......

The batcher program just adds files, so the formats etc are lost.....

just a simple project queue / batch program would be great
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

reddwarf4ever wrote:Just tried batcher, not really what i wanted......I need to be able to batch run CXtoDVD Projects one after the other and the final conversion has the option to shut down the PC etc etc.......

The batcher program just adds files, so the formats etc are lost.....

just a simple project queue / batch program would be great
That's exactly what the batcher does! Just drag and drop your projects or add tham through the file menu.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Strange, the two main options seem to,want files not projects...

Thanks
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Posted this elsewhere, but may be best here...

Hello

I do my convertxtodvd 6 conversions overnight and have more success, No crashes or errors so far, using safe mode.

I tried the batcher program, which works well, except I set it last night to do two conversions with the option to shutdown when complete. Although both conversions completed perfectly, the PC failed to shutdown.

So the batcher program does not instigate a shutdown when using safe mode, which as I said, so far converts without any errors..

Can this be fixed please .
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Bump

Need to get this fixed please
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Bump again
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Hello

I now always use convertxtodvd in SAFE MODE, never had a single error since doing this.....its just the batch processor will not instigate a pc shutdown in safe mode, although convertxtodvd WILL.....would be so handy to have the batcher shutdown after completion when using safe mode
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

reddwarf4ever wrote:Hello

I now always use convertxtodvd in SAFE MODE, never had a single error since doing this.....its just the batch processor will not instigate a pc shutdown in safe mode, although convertxtodvd WILL.....would be so handy to have the batcher shutdown after completion when using safe mode
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I will fix this issue as soon as I can.
In regards to this issue:
- Are you sayind that CxD is able to shutdown computer in SAFE mode but not the batcher?
- Can the batcher shutdown the program outside safe mode?

In regards to the safe mode issue:
- How much ram is free before starting a conversion in normal mode & safe mode?
- How many cores is the program allowed to use?
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

Sorry for the delay. I will fix this issue as soon as I can.
In regards to this issue:
- Are you saying that CxD is able to shutdown computer in SAFE mode but not the batcher? YES
- Can the batcher shutdown the program outside safe mode? YES

In regards to the safe mode issue:
- How much ram is free before starting a conversion in normal mode & safe mode? 8GB
- How many cores is the program allowed to use? 4 I think from memory

The reason I use batcher, is it is the only way I can guarantee to not get exception errors, which happen approx 20-30% of the time...this is why I suggested that batcher disables lots of unnecessary background services ( as an option) automatically....

Hope you can fix this asap

Thanks
pbriggs8

Post by pbriggs8 »

Hello,

I am having the same problem as mentioned previously.

VSO Batcher 1.5.2.37

When converting multiple files, I get a warning message at the end of each conversion that states "ConvertX is running at the moment. Please close it or cancel the batch operation." When I select OK, it closes, and then continues to convert the next file, where the same thing happens. It appears the ConvertX is not properly closing after each conversion.

Please advise.

Additional info: I suggest that you check your scripting to see what time is specified for when the warning message is specified to appear. I think there is a timing issue. If VSO Batcher can wait a little longer (say 3-4 sec) before initiating another batch conversion (and not initiate the warning message), I think the batch scripting may work fine.