ConvertXtoDVD 7 Batcher

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoDVD 6 Batcher

Post by felicia »

pbriggs8 wrote:Hello,

I am having the same problem as mentioned previously.

VSO Batcher 1.5.2.37

When converting multiple files, I get a warning message at the end of each conversion that states "ConvertX is running at the moment. Please close it or cancel the batch operation." When I select OK, it closes, and then continues to convert the next file, where the same thing happens. It appears the ConvertX is not properly closing after each conversion.

Please advise.

Additional info: I suggest that you check your scripting to see what time is specified for when the warning message is specified to appear. I think there is a timing issue. If VSO Batcher can wait a little longer (say 3-4 sec) before initiating another batch conversion (and not initiate the warning message), I think the batch scripting may work fine.
What version of ConvertX are you using?
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

The batcher program STILL refuses to shut down when in safe mode.....could this please be fixed

Thanks
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

Hi,

I am having some issues using ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.28 and Batcher beta 1.6.2.39 (compatible with v7').

I load a number of projects into the Batcher and start it running.
It loads the first project fine, does the encoding, creates an ISO file at the end and then that particular instance of ConvertXtoDVD closes.
However, the Batcher does not realise that the first project has been completed, so it never progresses onto the next project.

If anyone has had the same problem, please let me know. And if you require any further information, please ask and I will provide.

Regards
kryten123
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

kryten123 wrote:Hi,

I am having some issues using ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.28 and Batcher beta 1.6.2.39 (compatible with v7').

It loads the first project fine, does the encoding, creates an ISO file at the end and then that particular instance of ConvertXtoDVD closes.
However, the Batcher does not realise that the first project has been completed, so it never progresses onto the next project.

If anyone has had the same problem, please let me know. And if you require any further information, please ask and I will provide.

Regards
kryten123
This issue will be fixed in the next version of CxD
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

That's great. Thank you very much. :D
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

Thank you for informing that the bug that will be fixed in a future release.
Do you know when this new version might come out?
I'm in urgent need of using the batcher program, and I'm just wondering whether I should revert back to CXD V 6.0.0.80 and the older version of VSO batcher. (Just until the bug has been fixed.)

Any help is very much appreciated.
Regards
kryten123
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

kryten123 wrote:Thank you for informing that the bug that will be fixed in a future release.
Do you know when this new version might come out?
I'm in urgent need of using the batcher program, and I'm just wondering whether I should revert back to CXD V 6.0.0.80 and the older version of VSO batcher. (Just until the bug has been fixed.)

Any help is very much appreciated.
Regards
kryten123
I hope I'll be able to build a version before middle of next week.

Regards,

Felicià
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

That would be great. Thank you very much.
andyms

Post by andyms »

Regards
kryten123
im getting the exact same error as above it wont go on to the next file in the batch
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

reddwarf4ever wrote:The batcher program STILL refuses to shut down when in safe mode.....could this please be fixed

Thanks
Are you using hardware decoding? If yes, is it active in safe mode?
Are your projects composed of numerous videos?

BR,
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

new batcher published on 1st post of this thread
and new beta of CXD here http://forums.vso-software.fr/cxd-v7-beta-t19580.html
TIML

Re: ConvertXtoDVD 7 Batcher

Post by TIML »

It's not working for me it freezes up after one or 2 videos and it won't send the technical report with the support tool. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it I used convert to DVD 7 with the new Batcher even though I still have convert to DVD 6 installed I don't know if that could be the problem but it only pulls up convert to DVD 7 so is working with the program
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@ TIML
A new beta version of ConvertXtoDVD was just posted that should fix this problem
http://forums.vso-software.fr/cxd-v7-beta-t19580.html
kryten123

Performance problems when running VSO Batcher

Post by kryten123 »

Hi,

I have the latest version of both ConvertXtoDVD and VSO Batcher.

When I run ConvertXtoDVD on it's own, I get frame rates of 150-200 Fps. However, when I run VSO Batcher it begins encoding at a normal Fps, but then after a short period of time it slows down to approximately 5fps.
I do not experience this problem when using ConvertXtoDVD on it's own, even if I encode 10 projects in a row.

My CPU is and i7-4790 running at 4Ghz (with hyper-threading).

No VSO Batcher settings have been altered.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but it's very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
gatsu118
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: Performance problems when running VSO Batcher

Post by felicia »

I have the latest version of both ConvertXtoDVD and VSO Batcher.

When I run ConvertXtoDVD on it's own, I get frame rates of 150-200 Fps. However, when I run VSO Batcher it begins encoding at a normal Fps, but then after a short period of time it slows down to approximately 5fps.
I do not experience this problem when using ConvertXtoDVD on it's own, even if I encode 10 projects in a row.

My CPU is and i7-4790 running at 4Ghz (with hyper-threading).

No VSO Batcher settings have been altered.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but it's very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
gatsu118
Hi,

Are you saying that the issue occurs if the same project is converted with both scenarios?
I'm unable to reproduce your issue, the only time when I see an fps drop is when converting the menu, which is normal.
Could you send us an incident report from within the program (Help/Report a bug)?

BR,

Felicià
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

Hi Felicia,

I would be very happy to send an incident report, but how do I do this?

Do I just copy and past everything in the ConvertXtoDVD log window?

Do you need details of my computer components and which version of Windows 10 I am using?

Please let me know and I will post the details asap.

Many Thanks
kryten123
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

kryten123 wrote:Hi Felicia,

I would be very happy to send an incident report, but how do I do this?

Do I just copy and past everything in the ConvertXtoDVD log window?

Do you need details of my computer components and which version of Windows 10 I am using?

Please let me know and I will post the details asap.

Many Thanks
kryten123
To send an incident report just open the program and in the menu got to "Help" then select incident report. In the message put a link to you post in this thread an the name of one of the files that had the frame drop while converting.

BR,

Felicià
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

Hi Felicia,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just experienced the same problem on a completely different PC.

If I use VSO batcher to encode 'Video A', it starts off at full speed but then gets progressively slower (until it's less that 10 Fps).

If I just use ConvertXtoDVD on it's own to encode 'Video A', it's starts at and stays at full speed.

The next chance I get I will send incident reports on both PCs.

Sorry it's taken me a while to do this, I'm just very busy.

Regards
kryten123
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

kryten123 wrote:Hi Felicia,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just experienced the same problem on a completely different PC.

If I use VSO batcher to encode 'Video A', it starts off at full speed but then gets progressively slower (until it's less that 10 Fps).

If I just use ConvertXtoDVD on it's own to encode 'Video A', it's starts at and stays at full speed.

The next chance I get I will send incident reports on both PCs.

Sorry it's taken me a while to do this, I'm just very busy.

Regards
kryten123
Does the progress bar in the batcher get updated in sync with the one in ConvertX?
kryten123

Post by kryten123 »

Hi Felicia,

Yes that does happen.

As you can see in the attached screenshot ... the project has nearly finished, yet the progress bar in VSO batcher has stopped at approximately 10%.

I hope this help.

Many Thanks
kryten123
Attachments
ConvertXtoDVD Bug Screenshot.png