iso burning to harddrive ask me to insert disc

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Samuel

iso burning to harddrive ask me to insert disc

Post by Samuel »

When the coding is done I get this window.

AdamTest01.jpg

It stops at 13 seconds and I can't get past it other than click it away.

My settings are like this.

AdamTest02.jpg

So what am I doing wrong?
dbminter

Re: iso burning to harddrive ask me to insert disc

Post by dbminter »

I'm not sure it will help in your case, but try unchecking the first option, Burn result to disc. That way, I would think you wouldn't be prompted every time to burn a disc. But, is that what you want? No prompt to burn the output to disc?

I don't. I write the output to VIDEO_TS and then create my own ISO with ImgBurn for burning to disc myself. But, that may not be what you want.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

I have always burned an ISO to hard drive, been using VSO for a long time now. I mount the ISO and check that everything is OK. Then I burn it to disc with CloneDVD2. So it's about the same workflow as you have with the difference of intermediate storage.

The result has always been like the first window (with a grace time of circa 15 seconds). Now it stops at 13 seconds and repeatedly ask me to insert a disc.

Your suggestion goes against my intuition and also against the settings I used at my old computer. Nevertheless, I will try it to see what happens.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

The result was that it wrote the DVD folders with the VOB files to the hard drive, so I'm afraid it didn't do the trick but it was well worth a try.
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I'm afraid with issues like this, where a feature/function worked fine and then stopped behaving normally, they may only be fixed by an uninstall and reinstall of the software. If that doesn't work and you uninstalled but kept the user defined settings, try repeating the process but doing a complete clean uninstall and reinstall by not keeping the user defined settings. You will have to re-enter them, of course, but it may be the only way to fix it.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

I tried this, first with keeping the user settings, then not keeping them. I'm afraid none of it worked.

Guess I have to wait for the next update and hope for it to disappear by itself. :cry:
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

This is one of the reasons why I invested in disk imaging software, external hardware storage, and do daily backups of Windows. For cases like this, when mystery failures pop up, I just restore back to a point where it last worked.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

dbminter wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:37 am This is one of the reasons why I invested in disk imaging software, external hardware storage, and do daily backups of Windows. For cases like this, when mystery failures pop up, I just restore back to a point where it last worked.
That is the best option. I have been doing it for years. I keep 4 backups. 1 on an internal HDD and 3 on external HDD.
I find that Acronis does a very good job.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Aren't we getting a bit off-topic here? I haven't used ConvertXtoDVD for six month, and the solution should be to go back to a half-year-old backup of windows? And what would happen to the non-ConvertXtoDVD changes I have made during this time?
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

It's not that off topic as I've found it's generally the only solution for problems like this. Windows constantly "breaks" itself and you never know when it might do it until you come across that it has.

Well, there is the nuclear option: reinstalling Windows.
AncientWhiteArmyVet

Post by AncientWhiteArmyVet »

In the upper right hand corner there is a picture of a disk. When it asks you to insert media, click on the picture.
Rulellers

Post by Rulellers »

I don't. I write the output to VIDEO_TS and then create my own ISO with ImgBurn for burning to disc myself. But, that may not be what you want.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

AncientWhiteArmyVet wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:28 pm In the upper right hand corner there is a picture of a disk. When it asks you to insert media, click on the picture.
Sorry for the long time it tool me to response, must have missed a reply notification.

Yes, that was the solution that I found too. Should have updated this thread but was so disappointed with the ridiculous suggestion to erase every setting I've done in all applications the last six months by installing a six month old back-up that I don't have any longer.