Can’t change project save name

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ArthurDent2020

Can’t change project save name

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Hi

I created a project saved as “my holidays” then changed the video files menu layout etc. For a different project “ my job”
But inadvertently saved the project, which saved it as “my holidays” which was obviously not suitable, so I changed the save name as”my job” and saved it. I later loaded the “my job” progestin and made some changes, but when I came to save it, it had the project save name of “my holidays” can’t see why this should be and can’t see how to stop this from happening....

Thanks
dbminter

Re: Can’t change project save name

Post by dbminter »

Unfortunately, the automatic naming process for projects is a bit wonky, I've discovered over the years. As far as I know, there's really no way around a situation like the one you mentioned.

Is the first title set in the project called My Holiday, BTW? If it is, that may be why it's defaulting to an old project name.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

No it’s not....

Perhaps VSO can sort this out with their next release, or as an update, if it simply took the project name as the save name it would be easier....

Thanks
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

I think it would be a whole lot easier if CXD didn't automatically name/rename projects AND the main page title at the top. I can see it doing the title page name by taking the first title set you put in. But, CXD automatically RENAMES the title page My DVD or whatever it calls it whenever you save a project UNLESS you highlight project name and leave it highlighted while saving! Rather idiotic and time wasting, but it is what it is. And, for years, I tried to get tech support to address this silly issue, but they won't.
ArthurDent2020

Post by ArthurDent2020 »

Maybe it will be seen this time by VSO....🙏🙏🙏