Menu audio fade in/out

Download new themes, more buttons, background images and more. Share your own creations for others to use too.

Moderators: Maggie, Coral, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

Nemesh

Menu audio fade in/out

Post by Nemesh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:23 am

Got yesterday the Manhunt series season 1 Blu-Ray.
Found the menu video (00005.m2ts), but at the end some video attributes have been hardcoded in the video and the end of file.
Used Smart Cutter to remove however now the audio end very abrupt.

Did the following:
1. Opened the cutted video file with TsMuxer en demuxed the audio out of the file.
2. Coverted the .dts to .wma and visited the website Audio Trimmer.
3. Uploaded the cutted, did the crppping and fade-out and downloaded the file.
4. The cutted file was still openend by TsMuxer and only selected the video and added the faded-out audio track.
Got the file back in mp3 format but that's no problem for TsMuxer.
5. Muxed the two files to .m2ts

It works great and the audio fades out very nicely.
Would be great if ConvertXtoHD/DVD could fade the audio in/out.

And no that can't be done with the fade-in/out that both ConvertX programs have (tried that).
Hope it is possible to add that to the x64 versions.

Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Menu audio fade in/out

Post by Maggie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:58 am

Menu editor already includes an automatical fade-in/fade-out for custom audio according to duration.
How do you exactly implement the custom menu into ConvertX? Adding the video and separately the audio? Did you try to change the duration? (I am testing this custom audio part so there may be some issue - start time for now... maybe duration no working that good...)
Anyway, let me know!
Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:06 am

Adding the audio separately:

In ConvertXtoDVD, I checked the duration and fade in/out. they are working fine here. It is only the start which is not working.
You must leave "Loop main selection" un-selected when checking the preview (remote control icon button)

In Template Editor the audio is not being saved as it should. When using the template in CX7 the audio is not reproduced as set and will require tweaking.

After conversion the audio fading in/out are lost.

Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 am

Coral, when you said "In ConvertXtoDVD" do you mean the template editor of CXtoDVD?
Is it working for the previews but not afterburning? Is it what you mean?

[btw I moved the topic to the right place]
Maggie,
VSO Support

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Maggie wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 am
Coral, when you said "In ConvertXtoDVD" do you mean the template editor of CXtoDVD?
Is it working for the previews but not afterburning? Is it what you mean?

[btw I moved the topic to the right place]
As for the first question, I do NOT mean the Template Editor. I mean the actual application.

As for the second question, The fading is lost, after the conversion. There is no need to burn to check this.

Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm

After a few tests...
It appears to me that, the fade-out is messed up (disappeared, except when leaving a page). Audio is getting bad when changing the menu page. Fade-in at launch is being skipped but seems to work correctly the rest of the time?
Maggie,
VSO Support

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:20 am

Maggie wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm
After a few tests...
It appears to me that, the fade-out is messed up (disappeared, except when leaving a page). Audio is getting bad when changing the menu page. Fade-in at launch is being skipped but seems to work correctly the rest of the time?
I am to understand that you are referring to the most recent version of CX7. I have been using, for a while, version 7.0.0.6. I can say that the only problem with the animation is on the intro, it is cut short. Audio Start, Selected and Active button color plus the other text issues are all fine.
Yet this doesn't mean that there couldn't be other bugs present which will be noticed on the way one handles the application.
For example, I don't normally use animation and audio on menus, just to be able to skip from one menu to the other faster. I use a separate burning application. I try to avoid subtitles because I find them distractive. That is why some bugs remain unnoticed by some. While for others are a source of complaint.

Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi there,

Pheww!! That is such a time-consuming issue...
Almost send one full day investigating on this. I am still unable to find the exact cause(s).
I've reported the bug, Jacques will have a look when possible (won't be soon, he is on the first step of 64bit - FFMPEG)
https://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=13783

You'll be all informed when resolved.

Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support