Menu choices should be same across VSO programs

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

ira

Menu choices should be same across VSO programs

Post by ira » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Would like the menu choices in ConvertXtoDVD 6 be same as the choices in ConvertXtoVideo 2.

ConvertXtoDVD 6: I used the default menu. I see full screen video from movie in background. I like that. I don't understand where you explain that full screen video is included with the default template - Metallic (open style) that was used? I would like to to have that option in ConvertXtoVideo 2. The closest to it is "Black Mirror with Video in top 1/3 of screen in root menu." ... but don't see full screen video in background???

ConvertXtoDVD 6: My MKV video had both DTS and AC3 auto tracks. They both were included. However, when I went to Settings they were BOTH listed as AC3? One was DTS as expected. That was not the case when DVD was created with ConvertXtoVideo 2. It was correct and listed DTS and AC3.

Ira

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Menu choices should be same across VSO programs

Post by Claire » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello,

If you've installed ConvertXtoDVD 6 you can copy the templates you see there
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXToDVD\6\Templates
and paste them here
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2\Templates
open the app and they should be listed.

In the default settings of ConvertXtoDVD in the audio tab you will want to uncheck "convert dts to ac3"

ira

Post by ira » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Claire wrote:Hello,

and paste them here

In the default settings of ConvertXtoDVD in the audio tab you will want to uncheck "convert dts to ac3"
Claire,
Claire wrote:Hello,

and paste them here

Claire,

Update! After viewing Youtubes, reading manuals, resources you provide at the forum and using both products, I understand much more than when I originally posted my questions. Still, your responses to questions below would be appreciated.

Comments:
A. Since CXTODVD offers control/editing menus, there is no reason to use CXTOVIDEO if the output is only DVD. Do you agree?
B. Your documentation states chapters only apply to MKV and DVD. However, in CXTOVIDEO, it is possible to add chapters and convert to MP4. I am able to skip to each chapter when viewing the MP4. I was using WMP to play the MP4.
C. While I've been registered with Blu-Ray Converter for few years, only recently did I look at your other products seriously. I looked at VSO because of deficiencies with competitor products I'm registered with, stuff I bought, in one case a full suite. VSO is to be commended for designing products with all the features and more and how well the products operate. My goal is eventually uninstall those other products. Great job!

Q1. I'd like to relate Menu names from the pull-down list to at subfolder names under templates. For example: which CXTODVD subfolder is the menu at images 1 and 2 located? My reason is if I care to have the same menu available in CXTTOVideo.

Q2. Which CXTOVideo template subfolder is images 3 and 4 located in?

Q3. Since there is no customization allowed to menus in CXTOVideo, is the above not sensible to do and just use CXTODVD to create DVDs (as intended)?

Q4. Look at 2nd image from CXTODVD: "convert dts to ac3" was unchecked because I included both the DTS and AC3 audio tracks. The first option should say DTS. This should be corrected.

Image 4 from CXTVideo correctly displays both DTS and AC3 options.

CXTDVD:
1a. Menu in CXTDVD.jpg
1b. Menu Settings in CXTDVD.jpg
CXTVideo:
2a. Menu in CXTVideo.jpg
2b. Menu Settings in CXTVideo.jpg
Ira

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

ira wrote: Comments:
A. Since CXTODVD offers control/editing menus, there is no reason to use CXTOVIDEO if the output is only DVD. Do you agree?
Yes I agree
ira wrote: B. Your documentation states chapters only apply to MKV and DVD. However, in CXTOVIDEO, it is possible to add chapters and convert to MP4. I am able to skip to each chapter when viewing the MP4. I was using WMP to play the MP4.
I updated documentation - thank you
ira wrote: C. While I've been registered with Blu-Ray Converter for few years, only recently did I look at your other products seriously. I looked at VSO because of deficiencies with competitor products I'm registered with, stuff I bought, in one case a full suite. VSO is to be commended for designing products with all the features and more and how well the products operate. My goal is eventually uninstall those other products. Great job!
Thanks I hope we can make it so you can uninstall the other products too and users continue to appreciate and spread word of mouth about our products.

ira wrote: Q3. Since there is no customization allowed to menus in CXTOVideo, is the above not sensible to do and just use CXTODVD to create DVDs (as intended)?
Yes

I'll get back to your other points tomorrow.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Actually I don't understand Q1 and Q2.

For Q4 the problem is the text was not updated with the corresponding audio output format, this will be fixed in the next version.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Actually I don't understand Q1 and Q2.

For Q4 the problem is the text was not updated with the corresponding audio output format, this will be fixed in the next version.

ira

Post by ira » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 am

Clare

Q1 Explained - Below I show some of the menus w/i CXtoDVD. I would like to at least know the subfolder name under Templates where they each are located. I have since realized if I wanted to have same manu in another VSO product I'd need to copy a subfolder. Metallic? What subfolder is that in ... if I wanted to have same in CXtoVIDEO. No such file to hint which subfolder builds that. And I am not talking about each component that comprises the menu.
Summary: I would like to see sub-folder names in addition to your menu names from the GUI pull down list.
Menu names as shown in GUI.jpg

Q2 Explained - Similar to Q1 but specific to the menu I shown in the lower two images (of the four). original post.

Here's a new thing to correct. Correct the folder name: IS: C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\ConvertX should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD as it is in Program Data.

Tnx,
Ira

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Thanks for clarifying

Q1, too little request for, it can be found in
C:\ProgramData\VSO\product name\product version\Templates

Q2. the images refer to black mirror template with video in top 1/3 of root menu
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2\Templates\black mirror
Here's a new thing to correct. Correct the folder name: IS: C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\ConvertX should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD as it is in Program Data.
It has been like that for a long time, I don't think we will change it.

FYI a new version of ConvertXtoDVD fixes "text was not updated with the corresponding audio output format,."
http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 19534.html

ira

Post by ira » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 am

Claire,

I only know of two other s/w publishers that are as concerned and responsive and QUICK to update their products as you guys! Why didn't I catch on to you yrs ago when I bough a lifetime license for BRCVTR. I don't know. You guys are GREAT!

Ok that the folder name: C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\ConvertX has been like that forever. My guess is VSO sold 2 products at the time. While I can surely live with it as is, my suggestion would appear to be an easy change (famous last words to s/w developers) and would be consistent with every other VSO product file naming structure. No biggie, it's up to you ... realizing there are far more important things to tend to.

ira
Ira