Problem with GPU mode

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

Hasbro

Problem with GPU mode

Post by Hasbro » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi guys, my second post here so I wish to say hi all people here, and you know, I have a problem, I´m currently trying Convertxtodvd 6.0.0.81 for pass from MKV file to a DVD and when I select work with my graphic card I select de option to enable it but when the program start the proccess the log says CPU mode (not GPU) and I just don´t know what to do? An example, when a try with Convertxtovideo 2 and select work with GPU, that program, when start encoding, does the GPU mode

So, all I need is can use ConvertXtodvd but with GPU mode

I´ll appreciate any help

Thank you for your time

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Problem with GPU mode

Post by Claire » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:22 pm

GPU is only used for video decoding in ConvertXtoDVD not encoding (as it creates mpeg2 format rather than h264 -which is when GPU can be used for encoding)

Hasbro

Post by Hasbro » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi Claire so there´s no way to accelerate the proccess with Convertxtodvd? I mean, in CPU mode does the job in 1h30h or 2h (depends of the computer) and when I tryed on the other programm in GPU mode just un 20mns, is there some way?

Thank you for your time

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:18 pm

no, there is no other way,
but on some machines with hardware decoding "on" it can take more than than with it off.

Settings that make the conversion time longer
- 2 pass
- use best video quality
- any menus where videos are rendered in them, easy to encode menus are ones like "minimal" and "cx2 style"