Opening a project where file locations has changed / moved

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

reddwarf4ever

Opening a project where file locations has changed / moved

Post by reddwarf4ever » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi
If I have a created project, but have renamed the folder e.g."best video" to " very best video" I then get the audio error message as the files will not open as the location or folder name has changed...

Is it possible to

1-have a table of the location of media files for a project / title page...allowing it to be edited to reflect any changes, to allow the project to open without error.
2-when the files can't be located, give an option to point to the renamed or moved folder for future use.

Not too serious, it can't rename folders or move any files while experimenting with a new project.....

Thanks

BucketofBolts

Re: Opening a project where file locations has changed / mov

Post by BucketofBolts » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:11 pm

reddwarf4ever wrote:Not too serious, it can't rename folders or move any files while experimenting with a new project.....
I agree your feature requests would be a cool suggestion. My solution for what you face is to edit the actual .XtoDVD project file itself in a plaintext editor (like Notepad++ or Textpad) in the <file_name> tags. Back it up first before you start tinkering, and make sure your plaintext editor isn't introducing a different characterset or enforcing hard-returns or something, but you can find the "file_name" tags and edit what's been them. You can also (carefully) search-and-replace if you have several titlesets and change a drive letter or reorganize with a different path name.

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks for the alternative..

Maybe something like this will be added

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 am

Ok thanks, will not do that...