New Project - Old Settings Remain

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, Forum admin

johninjapan

New Project - Old Settings Remain

Post by johninjapan »

After burning a project when I want to burn another immediately afterwards, rather than closing down the software, i simply click 'new project'. Upon which prompted do I wish to save the current...I click no.

I load the new files and change the titles of each file accordingly. After the burn, despite the log and files showing the new title names...the DVD when played shows the previously burnt titles for each file, not the new one.

The only way for me to stop this is to close the software down and restart again, rather than click 'new project'.

Irritating!

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New Project - Old Settings Remain

Post by Claire »

I bet it is frustrating but I just tested with our latest beta version and I cannot reproduce the issue.
convertxtodvd-last-beta-version-t19089.html

If you could post screenshots of the problem that would also be helpful and also show where you are doing the renaming in the software
I notice that the project name and the burning folder name/ perhaps the title of your menu is the same for both conversions. Maybe this is the cause of some mix up.

How many folders are there on your harddrive. Two or just one? In the first conversion overwritten by the second?

Maybe give each project a different name xxx part 1, xxx part 2

johninjapan

Post by johninjapan »

I have a screen image of the menu and the location of the file names I am referring to below:
VSO Menu.jpg
The main title this remains, as do the the titles of each individual file, also shown by the boxes and arrows.

When I burn a disc, after burning the disc and starting a new project, as noted above, i select new project in the menu. Prompted do I wish to save, no. Thus a new project. I then alter the names of the files, as shown in the image above. yet the titles i have renamed, do not appear in the final new disc I have burnt when played. The previously burnt titles remain even thought it is clearly shown in the menu (above image). The only solution is to close down the software and reopen and start all over again.

Caslon

Post by Caslon »

I have a similar issue along these lines. I set the name for the DVD in "Burning", and upon playback the menu shows the first video as the Menu Title of the DVD.
Isn't the "Burning" tab where you type in what the Menu Title will be seen in the Menu top upon playback? I have better luck just leaving the Disk Name blank, at least then, upon playing, I won't see the first "video 1" as the title of the DVD at the menu top. BTW, leaving Disk Name blank won't put the first video title at the top, it'll just list the video titles with no disk title at top.

Another time, I deleted two converted videos in the window, added some new videos, changed the Disk Name, saved it, and yet it ends up with some previous titled DVD name as the Menu name of the DVD or the first video title at Menu top upon playback. This is getting both frustrating and expensive. It's as if the field box in Disk Name is not updating correctly, not refreshing correctly, or referring to some previous DVD name by default and using that as the DVD Menu Title, even tho , at the top of the conversion window it clearly shows what I named the DVD. and "applied changes."
:evil:

Caslon

Post by Caslon »

Caslon wrote:I have a similar issue along these lines. I set the name for the DVD in "Burning", and upon playback the menu shows the first video as the Menu Title of the DVD.
Isn't the "Burning" tab where you type in what the Menu Title will be seen in the Menu top upon playback? I have better luck just leaving the Disk Name blank, at least then, upon playing, I won't see the first "video 1" as the title of the DVD at the menu top. BTW, leaving Disk Name blank won't put the first video title at the top, it'll just list the video titles with no disk title at top.

Another time, I deleted two converted videos in the window, added some new videos, changed the Disk Name, saved it, and yet it ends up with some previous titled DVD name as the Menu name of the DVD or the first video title at Menu top upon playback. This is getting both frustrating and expensive. It's as if the field box in Disk Name is not updating correctly, not refreshing correctly, or referring to some previous DVD name by default and using that as the DVD Menu Title, even tho , at the top of the conversion window it clearly shows what I named the DVD. and "applied changes."
:evil:
EDIT:
I double clicked the Disk Name in the main conversion window that I had changed in the Burning options and it seems to have refreshed. When I preview now , it shows the correct new name. I now assume it will burn that way and show up with that name on playback.