COnvertXtoDvd6 Access Violation

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

mrs.larhonda

COnvertXtoDvd6 Access Violation

Post by mrs.larhonda » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:08 am

Just purchased and downloaded Convertxtodvd6 TODAY.

I upload a video file and then i click "convert".

I am continuing to get the following message:

Access violation at address 00ec3202c in module 'convertxtodvd.exe' Read of address 00000000

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. restarted my computer, etc. NO resolution. i never had a problem with convertxtodvd4, but that program was installed on an old computer that has crashed so i can no longer access the program. i loved convertxtodvd4, but i can no longer find a download link for it, and i no longer have my activation key.

PLease advise. i jut purchased version 6 less than 12 hours ago and i have not been able to use it AT ALL.

deadlyshadow
VSO Fanatic

Re: COnvertXtoDvd6 Access Violation

Post by deadlyshadow » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:15 am

mrs.larhonda wrote:Just purchased and downloaded Convertxtodvd6 TODAY.

I upload a video file and then i click "convert".

I am continuing to get the following message:

Access violation at address 00ec3202c in module 'convertxtodvd.exe' Read of address 00000000

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. restarted my computer, etc. NO resolution. i never had a problem with convertxtodvd4, but that program was installed on an old computer that has crashed so i can no longer access the program. i loved convertxtodvd4, but i can no longer find a download link for it, and i no longer have my activation key.

PLease advise. i jut purchased version 6 less than 12 hours ago and i have not been able to use it AT ALL.
Change ConvertXtoDVD's Visual Theme then try again

mrs.larhonda

Post by mrs.larhonda » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:23 am

i took the suggestion and i tried ALL of the themes. no change :|

mrs.larhonda

Post by mrs.larhonda » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:58 am

im using windows 10

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi,

Are you having the same issues with ANY files you load, or just 1 specific file ?

Just for the hell of it, if you are having the same issues with ANY files, I would download the latest version v6.0.0.30ßeta even, and reinstall !

Make sure to select [X] Remove all files and [X] Remove all register configurations

This will make a nice clean install and try again.

Still happens ?
Without the LOG files, it's hard to determine what is going on...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:38 pm

The above is all good suggestions, eventually try with the latest beta
http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 19089.html

When you install please check these 3 options:
http://www.vso-software.fr/upload/Forum ... nstall.png

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

I get this error from time to time...

Very annoying to,leave it converting overnight and see this in the morning...
I have read it could be the temp folder full up, although it's a dynamic folder so can't really fill,up. Or someone else said that the program doesn't like writing tom" the same hard drive" again not sure what that means...
I have setup a RAM disk and moved temp files to this, so,it clears out with each restart, the size is 750MB
I have had no problems 95% of the time, but occaisonly get this access violation error, have decided to restart my PC before a conversion, which will clear the temp files....maybe convertxtodvd could have an option to,delete any cache or temp files before starting a conversion, or capture this error a find a solution......
Wondered if you found a solution, best wishes

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:14 am

This is still an issue..access violation, what does it mean and can't it be captured within the program and adjusted for ?

Is there anything I can do to help prevent this from happening ?

Thanks

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 am

Just wondered if it has anything to do with something else running in the background, nvidia updated or such....
I had a minimum bootup settings set, as I had other problems, but changed yesterday to normal boot up.

Maybe CXTDVD could have an option to terminate various background tasks etc and emptying the temp folders before beginning a conversion, something like this may make the conversion smoother, just a thought.

felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 am

reddwarf4ever wrote:This is still an issue..access violation, what does it mean and can't it be captured within the program and adjusted for ?

Is there anything I can do to help prevent this from happening ?

Thanks
Next time the issue happens please take a screenshot, relaunch the program and send us an incident report with the screenshot attached.

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Tried an experiment

I started the PC in minimum boot mode, just for the overnight conversion and so far it's not failed for four conversions...

I used this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/171 ... -10-a.html

To add boot options at startup, only delays startup by 3 seconds ( set this during the config )

[attachment=0]IMG_0806.PNG[/attachment]

I also added a third option Minimum boot, which I use for convertxtodvd conversions overnight....

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0806.PNG

felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:21 pm

@reddwarf4ever & mrs.larhonda:
- How much ram do you have on your system?
- How many simultaneous conversions do you allow?
- Do the crashes occur when the chapters menus are being generated?

reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:10 pm

8GB RAM
Never do more than one conversion at a time, seems to be the time when it crashes the most..
Don't know the last answer, only that it happens towards the end of the conversion...

But hasn't happened yet in minimum boot option, so I assume it's a backgrpround task or service impacting on the program, I suggested a program option to close all unnecessary tasks, all browser windows etc...and anything else that may hog any resources..empty temp files etc....

Thanks