Feature requests for Version 6

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

dbminter

Feature requests for Version 6

Post by dbminter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Two things I think that need to be changed in Version 6:

Change the default main page Title from being automatically renamed to the saved Project file name. In Version 5, the main page Title name was saved in Project files even if it was different from the Project name. In Version 6, when the Project is saved, the Title name on the home menu of the DVD becomes changed to the saved Project name. I have to manually remember to set the Title name on the home menu after saving the Project name, since I use the same Project name every time I save a Project.

Change the behavior of CTRL and SHIFT Insert when you're editing the text of a Title name. When you're editing the text of a Title name, trying to CTRL or SHIFT Insert to Copy or Paste text is still defaulted to the insert new title commands. When editing text, the software should be smart enough to determine you're editing text and the shortcuts should reflect copy and insert of text instead of video titles. I am constantly using CTRL and SHIFT keys only to be reminded when the software asks for a new video file that I need to use the right click on the mouse to bring up the context menu commands for copying and pasting text. This has been the default behavior since Version 5 and needs to be changed to reflect more common uses of the shortcut keys when editing text instead of working inside ConvertXToDVD where those commands would be useful to insert new video.

Thanks!

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Feature requests for Version 6

Post by Claire » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello,

For your first feature request, title menu name different from project name, I've entered a bug report for this
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=11348

as for the 2nd paragraph I don't know. I use ctrl v, and have never used ctrl shift insert. I can't get ctrl shift insert to work in notepad on my computer. What you are saying is a little beyond me. I'll check with some more techy member and get back to you unless you can help me out more or maybe someone else has info for us.

JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:18 pm

That feature (CTRL+Insert and SHIFT+Insert) is still working in Windows, but it is not the "official way" to do it anymore.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!

CLHatch

Post by CLHatch » Sun May 08, 2016 1:06 pm

One option that I would like to see added is to be able to set the title for all "Chapter" pages to match the title in the "Root" page for that video. I can tell by all the "Chapter" icons that it is the Chapter page, so I don't need to be told this at the top of each Chapter page. It would be much more useful to know what video it is showing chapters of.

Say the title of the first video is "1. Pilot" (the title of the first episode in a series I am burning). The title for the Root menu of this would be "1. Pilot". I would like the option for the title of the Chapters pages for this title to be the same, instead of "Chapters". As it is, I manually go through each one, doing a copy/paste of the title from the Root page and the Chapters page for each, and this is a pain.

It would also be nice to have access to the variables that you must have in the file it's saved in (not actually looked to see how it's stored), so I could type something like "<tn>" (Title Name) or the like, to do this.

Or is this already possible? I was reading that you can use some variables like this for page numbers, chapter numbers, etc. Is there a list somewhere of all the usable variables?

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Fri May 27, 2016 1:54 pm

I could see adding the name of the movie but also keep the the word "chapters" so that at least there is a clear mention of what menu you are visualizing.

I don't believe there is a list of all the variables, but I will inform others about your feature request.

CLHatch

Post by CLHatch » Tue May 31, 2016 10:16 am

Claire wrote:I could see adding the name of the movie but also keep the the word "chapters" so that at least there is a clear mention of what menu you are visualizing.

I don't believe there is a list of all the variables, but I will inform others about your feature request.
Yes, depending on if there is room, I might do something like Chapters - Title" or the like. But for most templates, it's pretty obvious without the Chapter or Settings title which page you are on, based on the content of that page itself.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:53 pm

This stuff has been added in the latest beta version
http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 19089.html
in menu editor see the "?" button in the upper right hand corner

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Wed May 31, 2017 1:49 pm

"Change the Title menu and save project with a different name - menu title is overwirtten by Project file name" solved in latest beta
http://forums.vso-software.fr/cxd-v7-beta-t19580.html