DTS-HD audio automatically converting to AC-3

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mjvmovieman

DTS-HD audio automatically converting to AC-3

Post by mjvmovieman »

Hello. I was wondering if someone could help. I'm using the latest version of CovertxtoHd, and my DTS-HD audio 5.1 and 2.1 audio streams are always converted to AC-3 Digital 5.1 or 2.1. I have the "Convert DTS" box unchecked, and it's still doing it.

It there a way to ensure the DTS-HD audio is not changed?

Also, is there a way to preview the output of the conversion before it is burned to disc? Thank you.

Thanks.
mjvmovieman

Re: DTS-HD audio automatically converting to AC-3

Post by mjvmovieman »

Update:

5.1 DTS-HD and 5.1 Dolby-TrueHD tracks can successfully convert untouched, but I've tried a 2.1 DTS-HD track and 1.0 MA-HD track separately and they both down-convert to AC3.

Is this a bug, and if so, can it be fixed?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: DTS-HD audio automatically converting to AC-3

Post by JJ »

Found this:
DTS-HD Master Audio may be transported to AV receivers in 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 channels
and
DTS-HD Master Audio, previously known as DTS++, is the second of two DTS-HD audio formats. It supports a virtually unlimited number of surround sound channels, can deliver audio quality at bit rates extending from lossless (24-bit, 192 kHz) down to DTS Digital Surround and, like Neo, downmix to 5.1 or 2.1 systems.

It looks like there is no 2.1 DTS-HD MA. Amplifier can downmix to it. In this case, CxD does mixing to AC-3.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!