ConvertXtoHD for DVDs?

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

FrankB

ConvertXtoHD for DVDs?

Post by FrankB »

Hello
I have bought a copy of ConvertXtoHD (order 120353874 of 2020-05-03) and have a question about its use. I am using a hidden profile to avoid the sometimes vicious reactions of some of the forum users.
First some background: I am using Davinci Resolve with mixed 4K and HD PAL sources which I then render to .MOV for burning to Blu-ray. I first bought DVDFab Blu-ray Creator (fully up to date) and got a “POWER” error message which I sent to them for help. This prevented me from burning a blu-ray disc. I am still waiting for their solution. Using the same .MOV file I then tried Wondershare evaluation software to burn a blu-ray disc and this was successful. This means that my hardware is OK. However, with Wondershare I noticed the jerky effect when panning (in my case a dashcam in a car going around a curve in the road) which is caused by 25 fps source being converted to BD standard 24 fps. Wondershare’s BD menu editing was also very limited and primitive. After studying your forum I saw that you have a tickbox which allows non-standard fps settings for the source material when creating BD. When I used ConvertXtoHD I saw a significantly less jerky BD of the same source, so much so that I am very happy with the result. The appearance of your software reminds me very much of Windows XP, a bit old-fashioned and clunky. However, I am prepared to wait for the X64 upgrade. In the meantime I can continue working happily.
Now the question: I am not sure whether I can also burn DVDs from a HD .MOV file using ConvertXtoHD. Is this possible?
Nemesh

Re: ConvertXtoHD for DVDs?

Post by Nemesh »

ConvertXtoHD will make a Blu-Ray disc from your .mov file.
To make a DVD from it, you need ConvertXtoDVD.
FrankB

Post by FrankB »

Thanks for the answer, Nemesh. It is what I was fearing. It's a pity that VSO doesn't offer a package price for ConvertXtoDVD and ConvertXtoHD. DVDFab does this with their equivalent software.
Thanks again for the response.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

you can use media dvd 5 or dvd9, just use avchd format in the program options. But of course need bluray player to read the disk
VSO Gold Member