First File dictates the quality????

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ink

First File dictates the quality????

Post by ink »

Hi

Quick question

If I'm burning [let's say] as many files [films] as I can onto Bluray - but I want it at the 'best possible quality Long Project'

If the first file is 480p, then the rest are 720p or 1080p

I can get a lot more files onto the Bluray before the quality changes to worse than 'best/long project'

Than if the first file is NOT the 480p one

For instance I could have 10 files waiting to burn [only the first one is 480p] - if I delete the 480p first file [from the ConvertXtoHD3] - suddenly the project gets downgrade to poor quality [even though there is one less file than before on the list - so there should be more space]

Does this mean...

What ever your first file is, that's the quality for all the files afterwards [?]

If not

Why would 10 files [first being the only one at 480p <rest higher quality>] be 'best quality long project' - but if I take off that first file and have the same other 9 files - suddenly the files are now going to be recorded NOT at best quality [?]

It feels like the first file dictates how the rest are treated [?]

So I should always put a 1080p file first - to get the best possible quality [?]