No Menus and other problems

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

JeffWX1

No Menus and other problems

Post by JeffWX1 »

I've been trying to convert 8 videos to a bluray disc.

No matter what menu i choose, it will never show it and can't not go to "title menu". Like it didn't even put it on the disc

Discs will autostart playing the second episode first then will play the first episode

MPC-HC sees the disc as 1 really long video

I tried with a different set of videos with a different file extension and got the same problem

Anyone have any insight on what is going on? I find this software significantly easier to use than anything out there and really would like to get to work properly.

thanks in advance!
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: No Menus and other problems

Post by felicia »

JeffWX1 wrote:I've been trying to convert 8 videos to a bluray disc.

No matter what menu i choose, it will never show it and can't not go to "title menu". Like it didn't even put it on the disc

Discs will autostart playing the second episode first then will play the first episode

MPC-HC sees the disc as 1 really long video

I tried with a different set of videos with a different file extension and got the same problem

Anyone have any insight on what is going on? I find this software significantly easier to use than anything out there and really would like to get to work properly.

thanks in advance!
Hi,

Please try the conversion again and just afterwards go to the "help/tools" menu on the program and select "Report a bug". In the message box please enter the link to this forum thread.
This way I'll be able to see the program log and, hopefully see what was the issue.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Maybe try playing with PowerDVD or with VSO Media Player
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/vmp ... player.php
Both of these know how to play Blu-ray structured files (despite VSO Media Player not being able to display the menu but you can see all the files listed in the left treeview).
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

@JeffWX1

From your logs these are the issues I see:
- Please use our latest beta available here: http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.86.exe
- You're using a preview insider version of windows, this pre-release versions have had known issues with our programs.
JeffWX1

Post by JeffWX1 »

Well, the latest version keep the titles in order but it is still shows up as 1 huge video with no menu
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

MPC can’t read Blu-rays, so it will show the result as standalone files.
Only PowerDVD can read Blu-Rays

I did test with your settings and in I confirm MPC plays the streams as 1 merged file, but this is not correct. It is best you use a player capable of playing a blu-ray structure, or simply know that MPC interpretation is not correct (it adds chapters for each file converted).

In MPC; if you want you can just load the files that compose the blu-ray folder, open \BDMV\STREAM and drag and drop this into MPC and it will way the files one after the other separately.
(don't use the burnt iso)