Titles not selectable subsequent to Title Menu 1

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

geekzapoppin

Titles not selectable subsequent to Title Menu 1

Post by geekzapoppin »

Hello.

I'm creating a disc that has multiple titles on it. One hundred, to be exact. (It's a disc containing a number of short cartoons.) The problem I'm running into is that I noticed that after the first Title Menu, none of the subsequent Title Menus will allow me to select the names of the titles. Only the Next/Previous Menu and Play All buttons are functional. The first Title Menu works just fine. I never had this issue with ConvertXtoHD 1. I've been using the Minimal - No Root (open style) menu because of the large number of titles. I'm not sure if the issue is with the menu editor or that particular template. Any help is appreciated.

Great software, by the way. I've been using it for some time and it really comes in handy.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Titles not selectable subsequent to Title Menu 1

Post by Claire »

confirmed bug sorry about this
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=11368

I'll let you know when it is fixed, but I believe it is not a problem in the official default download 2.0.0.27
geekzapoppin

Post by geekzapoppin »

No problem! Hey, for as much as that little program does, there are bound to be bugs here and there. I appreciate the quick response.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

The problem, though, is when there are bugs, they are usually so big that it's not really usable. I have wasted a ton of Blu-ray discs due to them not working after being burnt, or their aspect ratio being wrong, etc... and it's become costly so I have to read these posts before deciding whether to risk it again, and I was about to risk it with this latest beta version, and now luckily you posted, or I would have wasted another disc.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@ SomeoneElse I understand the mental and financial frustration you can feel and at VSO we are sensitive to this. Despite us doing our best to release the most stable working versions, bugs do happen.

Things to avoid this and other solutions:
1) use the latest official versions, and not the beta versions
2) play your files in the preview window before converting, 1st option to avoid problems without wasting the time to do a conversion (and disk should you burn right after conversion). If there is a problem you see in the preview window, chances it will be on the output. Play the videos in the preview window, Press the "Edit menu" button and click on the remote control icon and use the "simulator" mode with the remote control to check menu plays as desired as well . .
3) Convert the files and play the output in a Media player and if OK then in the software to to Action / Burn an already converted project
4) I understand the above may be too many steps you feel you should not have to go through, in which case, once you find a version that works well for you, then stick with it, unless you want to enjoy the new features added to the new release (read version change log)
Other solution
If you have purchased the product and you have encountered several bugs you feel you have wasted more money than gained let VSO know that too, we have can can make arrangements to make up for the esteemed financial loss (time/disks). We know when someone is pulling or leg or legitimately feels has had a particularly tough time. If a user spends time working with us through a problem generally it is us that proposes compensation to the user as we know it is not users backs and time that issues should be worked through. Should this be done it is because some issues are related to circumstances: hardware, configurations, software conflicts we cannot recreate in our office to debug.

We value our users and customers and we'd like you to feel that way.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Thanks for the response, Claire.

I understand with bugs, overall. I make software, also, and there are always bugs I have to fix (usually from me misspelling something and not noticing lol). There have just been a few with this software that makes the disc basically unplayable. I'm hoping when this particular bug is fixed it will be good enough for me I am not worried about bugs related to custom menus or subtitles, just ones related to normal playback of the disc basically.

I would hate to ask for any reimbursement. At this point I am just accepting the fact that I chose to keep burning a lot of them to test. Plus I got the program with trialpay on a good deal, anyway. I have definitely wasted a lot of discs. I think around 20 taiyo yuden DL ones. Most were due to repeatedly testing the same 2 bugs I had in the past, which I am worried my last weird one hasn't been fixed.

I did wish I could go back to the last version I knew for sure worked nearly perfectly for me, but I don't really know a way to do it or which version it was. I have not tried burning with ANY version 2 release yet though. I have been giving it time for bug fixing. Once this current bug is fixed, I will try burning discs with it finally, I think. :)

Also, sorry to post all of this in someone's topic/thread. And overall the product is great on the versions with no major bug. There was some version of 1.x where the interface for cutting/merging was tinkered with and ever since then I haven't got a disc to burn properly if it included merging or cutting.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

the bug is now fixed in this beta version
http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 19089.html