black is not black

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

parteiganger

black is not black

Post by parteiganger »

ive played an cx2hd encoded bluray side by side with the original file and the product displays a very dark grey instead of black.
This also brings out some very visible digitization effects (blocking) that i feel would not be visible if the image wasnt washed out as such.
Ive tried doing this may times and there is no effect. i am not using the image brightness or contrast effects and i infact turned those features off on last attempt and there was no change.

i do a software based encode with 2-pass high quality encoding options. pls help!

thx
Drew
SomeoneElse

Re: black is not black

Post by SomeoneElse »

I hope you keep us updated on this because there are so many big bugs that make it worthless to burn discs right now. Bad black level is your report and another's report is NO PICTURE and only audio. What use would a disc be with these issues? They need to fix them. My guess is it's using some sort of brightness changing even if you don't touch it and that is messing it up. I have an elite plasma and an oled, so last thing I want is discs where the black level is not proper, when these displays are so good at black level reproduction.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

What is the name of them movie?
Do you see the same problem when playing on both on your computer? With what media player?
What version are you using?

Could you post your conversion log?
It is found here
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoHD\2\Log

Thanks,

Claire
parteiganger

Post by parteiganger »

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your interest.

playback of source was with vlc and of resulting iso was also with vlc... but i used aunplayer and leawo to double check
note that hardware encoding was checked but there is no hardware as such available and it software encodes.

Thanks again and hopefully can improve this product as i for one love VSO's unique software!
Attachments
ConvertXtoHD 2_mainlog_.20160304.165540.804.log
(18.11 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks I see the same problem as you now. I'll let you know if we are able to fix it. Thanks for your help.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Claire, are you pretty sure it is related to having hardware checked? If it's only when using that setting, it luckily wouldn't affect me. I don't want to waste more discs by trying without having a pretty good idea.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

the problem is not related to hardware. The problem is now fixed, we just need to release a version so you have the correction. We are still working on a few other things but a new beta should be available before this friday I think.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Should be fixed with this new beta version
http://forums.vso-software.fr/cxtohd-be ... 18951.html