ConvertXtoHD after NVENC finishes it should takeover slower

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Panocha

ConvertXtoHD after NVENC finishes it should takeover slower

Post by Panocha »

Hi.
I have 5 HD videos on a project menu in ConvertXtoHD 2.0.0.24
4 streams started converting and the 2 that were being handled by NVENC finished much faster than
the other two that were using slower Nvidia Cuda. Now the much faster NVENC encoding is idle.
Would it be possible for the idle NVENC to take over for the slower encoding methods ?
Basically have it auto-pause using slower encoding methods, then switch that stream(s) to the much faster NVENC
encoding ?? Always defaulting / switching to the fastest available encoding method to speed up completion time.

Since it can take many hours to make a disc, any encoding speed increase is a huge bonus.

Thanks.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoHD after NVENC finishes it should takeover slo

Post by Claire »

the best solution is just for you to change the number of simultaneous conversions to the number you can use by nvenc at the same time, which in your case seems to be 2
Panocha

Post by Panocha »

That is a good work around. I ran a test and it does keep all encoding to NVENC mode. A good speed increase.

However, it would be best if you set the encoding to work the way I suggested, that would be even faster.
Because by the time the first 2 streams were encoded using NVENC, the other 1 or 2 streams would be at about 30% done using CUDA or CPU.
So, at that point, if NVENC took over, it would already be 30% done encoding.
Hopefully you can add that small feature change to a future release "always default encoding to fastest method available" ... or such.

Thanks for your response. It has helped.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

technically not possible, sorry.