What Hardware Do You Use?

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Anonymouse

What Hardware Do You Use?

Post by Anonymouse »

Long time lurker. First time poster.

This seemed like the only place to put this. I haven't purchased the Gold Membership thing but I will. My question which doesn't really seem answered in the forum is what kind of computers do the actual people who use this software use. I just wanted to get a general idea of what people use and how well it works for them. Also what hardware would you like to get so that it would speed up conversions?

So this is what I would be saving up for:

I live in the Philippines (I moved here from the USA) which is not the greatest place to find quality media and hardware. However this is what I'd like to bring together. I use dynaquestpc because of me being in a vast wasteland where everything good costs more or doesn't even exist but feel free to use newegg.

-341$ Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150
Only goes up to 1600 speed for ram and 32gb of it
-190$ Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
-704$ Asus GTX 980 Ti 6GD5 384bit
-158$ Gskill Sniper 16GB Dual 1600 CL9
x2 = 316USD
-191$ Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
-90$ Samsung S19E310 18.5 WLED Monitor
= 1832$

Too bad we don't have any PCI-Express Internal SSD drives. I will try and find where I can find some here. Those would be tremendously useful.

-330USD SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (save this for later when I can source it)

This is of course not what I'll be able to get right off the bat since I just don't have the money and I'll just be getting something relatively cheap until I can find actual places here that sell blu-ray burners.