Audio but no picture.

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

AMDFX

Audio but no picture.

Post by AMDFX »

After I convert video's to blu-ray, most blu-ray players (SONY) and (Samsung) Play Audio but no video. Big issue, needs fixed will have a log soon. I re-installed windows 7, so I lost my old logs. Have make new and test again, but the issue is always there. Clair will you please look into fixing this?

Bugs.

1) Press play, jumps back to menu.

2) Press play, Audio but no video.

Blu-ray players have updated firmware.
Maikel

Re: Audio but no picture.

Post by Maikel »

Im having the same problem with ConvertXtoVideo 1.6.0.30 and 1.6.0.32
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Any log files that can be posted would help. If you have PowerDVD do you have the problem when playing the conversion result there?
Mr. Furious

Post by Mr. Furious »

I'm having the same issue. I saw that a similar issue occurred when using NVENC to encode, so I'm trying it without any hardware optimizations as a workaround.
Mr. Furious

Post by Mr. Furious »

Not using hardware optimizations gets around the issue, but it is not a solution. Rendering without hardware optimization is so slow that the product is unusable (4 Fps!) and it's not like I have a slow computer - i7 4770S with 16GB of RAM.

This needs to be fixed.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Yes it needs to be fixed. It is in our priority list
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=10413
Mr. Furious

Post by Mr. Furious »

Any movement on this one? Since we're at official release I thought there might be, but I don't want to burn any more coasters and I didn't see it in the fix list.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

no more progress has been made, but it needs to be tested again.

If you have nvenc you should have cuda, and we know that with cuda you will not have problem.
Mr. Furious

Post by Mr. Furious »

Awesome, Claire, thank you. I'll give that a try and report back.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

That behavior is how it would do for my issue I reported long ago, except for mine it was only happening when I made cuts and merges in files, for some reason. But when it happened, it was like you say, where pressing play would go right back to the menu. I mean the actual Blu-ray player main menu, not the disc menu, so maybe it's different than your behavior? Also, I think I did not have the volume on, so I am not sure if it played audio in my situation.

I hope they fix your issue soon, at least, because I am scared to burn another disc until it's fixed because why burn a disc if no video will show?