Converting HD PAL to NTSC files/programs, then to Blu-ray

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Marshfish

Converting HD PAL to NTSC files/programs, then to Blu-ray

Post by Marshfish »

Hello,

I apologize if this has been answered already. I have several HD PAL .mkv files (TV shows) I've downloaded and want to convert them to NTSC, and then copy them to Blu-ray discs. I've been using VSO's ConvertX to DVD in the past to copy similar files to DVD-R's. The program was very direct, easy to use, and worked nicely. Now that I have a Sony Blu-ray burner, I'd like to convert these newer files to Blu-ray. I have VSO's ConvertX to HD and Blu-ray Converter Ultimate programs . Would either of these programs work? I didn't see a PAL or NTSC setting on these two programs as the ConvertX to DVD has. What would be the easiest way to convert the files from PAL to NTSC, and then copy the files to Blu-ray?

I'm in the U.S., so I'll be using Region A Blu-ray discs. I'd like to play the finished discs in my Sony Blu-ray Region A player.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Marshall
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Converting HD PAL to NTSC files/programs, then to Blu-ra

Post by JJ »

There is no PAL/NTSC in BR.
Just convert with BR Ultimate.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Marshfish

Post by Marshfish »

JJ,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. What about using ConvertX to HD to copy these TV show files to Blu-ray discs instead of Blu-ray Converter Ultimate?

Marshall
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Sure, if your BR player supports playing HD files. Just check what type of files it supports and set converter to match those.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Why would a Blu-ray player not play a blu-ray? I thought the whole point of convertxto HD is to make blu-rays, which are obviously meant to be played in Blu-ray players. Are you saying this program is not meant to make blu-rays for Blu-ray players?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

SomeoneElse wrote:Why would a Blu-ray player not play a blu-ray? I thought the whole point of convertxto HD is to make blu-rays, which are obviously meant to be played in Blu-ray players. Are you saying this program is not meant to make blu-rays for Blu-ray players?

No. I'm saying that you can use other formats than Blu-Ray Disc format in BR discs. Then you do not have BR menu, you will have "data disc" with files that player can play.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

oh ok thanks. I got confused and didn't realize you meant data disc. My player plays most types of files, but data discs usually seem to have more issues in the middle of playback, it seems.