10 Chapters with text on Title menu possible?

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Tooth

10 Chapters with text on Title menu possible?

Post by Tooth »

First question: When I pre-view the title menu, the 10 chapters icon are visible on 1 page, but to the right is a "blank bar". (No Text)

Is this too busy of a page and I need to edit the Chapter font for all 10 chapters to fit with text?

When I select a menu template of six chapters, it goes on 2 pages with the text. That maybe ok with me, but want to know if 10 chapters with text on one Title page would work?

ConvertXtoHD v1.1.0.15 convertxtohd.exe

Second question: During the converting, each titleset shows the frame rate "18 Fps" for example. Is this frame rate for just the preview? I hope it does not mean the finished project is low frame rate? The frame rate goes lower the more titlesets going at one time.

Thanks
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: 10 Chapters with text on Title menu possible?

Post by Claire »

When you say "chapters", I think you are referring to videos or titlesets. Text is available depending on the menu template you choose. It would appear maybe you've tried with "glossy template... up to 10 episodes"

When there are vertical lines of video, there is not enough room for text and therefore by design no text is on those menu templates.

However if you are really talking about the chapter menu page in the menus, then choose a menu template that says "with chapter text" like the black mirror with chapter text template.

The framerate you see is the process speed of the encoding, the final framerate will be the one set up in your settings, and is also dependent on AVCHD or Blu-ray standard and the resolution you selected, each one has an associated framerate - see tab "output format"
Also in the conversion log file you will see the source and output framerate like this
+--> [video #1 - h264 video, 720x480, yuv420p, 4x3, 29,97Fps, 29808 Kbps [en]]
+-[video [eng] mpeg4 672x512 21:16 yuv420p, 29,97 fps, 3092 Kbps]
Tooth

Post by Tooth »

Thanks Claire for your reply, appreciated :)

About question 1, yes referring to title sets text. I burned Game of Thrones Season 1 with 6 titlesets per page and turned out beautiful. :) 9 1/2 hours of video on 50GB disk perfectly at 1080.

question 2, I found my log and noted the frame rates. Thanks for the location of the log file.

Your convertxtohd product is working very nicely, so thanks.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Glad things are working out well for you 8)
dougl

Post by dougl »

"glossy template... up to 10 episodes...When there are vertical lines of video, there is not enough room for text and therefore by design no text is on those menu templates."
I find thumbnail images without text is not enough information. Would it be possible to add the numbers 1 to 10 to the thumbnails? This would confirm to the user that the correct video or titleset has been selected.