Menu in preview, but not in output

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

aioaio

Menu in preview, but not in output

Post by aioaio »

I added 8 videos to my project and chose the classic menu template. The menu shows in the preview window with all 8 movie titles present, but when the project is finished converting all the movies are just in one contiguous stream and there is no menu option.
Attachments
ConvertXtoHD 1_mainlog_.20150710.073045.982.log
Latest log file.
(52.61 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Output in Media Player Classic.
Output in Media Player Classic.
Output in VSO Media Player.
Output in VSO Media Player.
The menu shows in the preview window and everything appears as it should.
The menu shows in the preview window and everything appears as it should.
peter7769

Re: Menu in preview, but not in output

Post by peter7769 »

Hi
Have you tried playing one movie and then pressing the menu button, i see in the log its set to "skip root menu initially" so maybe the menu will only show when one film has finished?

Just a thought

Pete
aioaio

Post by aioaio »

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the suggestion. My understanding from the hint text is that "title menu" is the Blu-ray's main menu screen and "root menu" is the main menu of the individual movie. So the option to skip root menu initially shouldn't prevent the Blu-ray's main menu from displaying, only skip the play/chapter/options menu of the individual movie after you select it from the Blu-ray's main menu.

Either way, I have selected the skip root menu option on every Blu-ray I have made and this is the only one that is missing the Blu-ray main menu.

When one movie finishes it simply moves on the to next movie because they appear to have been merged into a single movie file. They are clearly still separate in the Blu-ray's main menu in the preview window, as you can see from the screenshot I included in the OP.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

HI,

You do not want to have the option checked "auto start playback" if you want the menu to display when you insert your disk into a player. Also VSO Media Player does not play any menus. You can use PowerDVD or a living room player.