Subtitles

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Echuir

Subtitles

Post by Echuir »

What are the proper .mkv subtitle types supported?
When I try to make a BD-R of the Log Horizon series I get subtitles all over the place.
Especially in the first episode when there are subtitles at the top and bottom of the screen.
http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=479916
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Subtitles

Post by JJ »

I downloaded your example and subtitles look good and correctly placed when played with VLC on computer.
Please give more exact info about problem - like exact timeframe where you see problem.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello Echuir,

Please, can you try with the last beta version (1.0.0.28 )?

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Regards,
Echuir

Post by Echuir »

I am trying with the new version I will let you know the results when it is finished.
Echuir

Post by Echuir »

Ok after trying with version 1.0.0.29 I had problems. The first problem is still with subtitles working in VLC player as I can not get with the following media to work on the PS3: http://www.supermediastore.com/product/ ... pp-50b6l-c , the problem is that VLC ignores all the settings and seems to set it's own subtitles. I don't know if it is the encoder or some internal VLC setting that I need to adjust. The media problem I am having with PS3 is that I put the disc in and it will recognize but when I go to play it there is just a black screen and it stays that way for over 30 mins at which point I gave up.

I also had a problem while burning. I have saved the burn and will include the attached setup. The problem I had was over the 48hrs it took to burn my computer became almost unusable for anything else. It took forever to even get the curser to move when you moved the mouse.
Attachments
Log Horizon - Season 1.rar
(11.58 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Echuir

Post by Echuir »

Ok here are some problems from the latest burn with version 1.0.0.31.
In the first episode at 0:46 there is overlapping text, at 11:12 the text just fly's by so fast like a lag bubble and the same at 13:12, and another overlap at 15:43, in the closing at about 23:58-24:02 there was some digitizing as well.
Those are the ones I caught in my first watch thru.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello,
Ok here are some problems from the latest burn with version 1.0.0.31
You mean 1.0.0.35?

What do you use to check your subtitles?
For your information, VLC is not good to handle Blu-ray subtitles, you should use VSO Media Player or your Blu-ray home player.

Regards,
Echuir

Post by Echuir »

I used 1.0.0.31 for this burn as that was what was available when I started it. The new 1.0.0.35 was not out when it started.

I use my PS3 to check the subtitles after the burn finishes.