No sound DTS

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

troyb

No sound DTS

Post by troyb »

I've tried to make 6 blu-rays with mkv files which have DTS audio. ConvertxtoHD works as it should encoding video and quality looks excellent. The problem I'm having is if I keep the DTS audio I have no sound on my Pioneer bdp51 home player. If I encode the audio track to ac3 the sound plays fine on it. I thought it might be my player so I ran the same 6 files through UncropMKV and kept the DTS audio and it plays fine on my player. Is convertxtohd changing something with the dts audio or keeping it original? I can convert the sound to ac3 and it work but would like to keep the dts if possible.

Thanks
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: No sound DTS

Post by cedric »

Hello troyb,

What version do you used?
Do you tried the last beta version?

Regards,
troyb

Post by troyb »

I'm using the latest beta version 1.0.0.25.
troyb

Post by troyb »

I just tried the new version 1.0.0.27 with the same results. If I convert the dts audio to ac3 it plays fine in my Pioneer player. Im not sure if during the rebuild process converttohd is changing something with the audio as it says raw copy but using my other programs keeping the same dts audio track the sound is fine. Here is my log file.
Attachments
ConvertXtoHD 1_mainlog_.20150125.142140.601.log
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

troyb: does your Pioneer bdp51 have updated firmware?
There are reports of it having huge problems with DTS with factory firmware.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
troyb

Post by troyb »

Yes I have the latest firmware on both of my Pioneer bdp-51s and neither has sound keeping the DTS audio after running the mkvs through converttohd. My Dynex blu-ray players do have sound using the same discs that are produced using the latest version of cthd. The problem i'm having is the pioneer players play the dts tracks fine if I use other programs to encode the mkvs and keep the DTS track on the blu-ray. I was trying to find out if cthd was changing the pointers or index of the dts audio so my pioneers cant decode it. If I open the resulting av stream in Tmpgenc it also says no decodeable audio stream detected but plays and encodes the audio in the mkvs fine.
menbed

Post by menbed »

Hi
The problem is that your Pioneer player is looking for Dolby Digital 5.1, off the Blu Ray disc you have made with ConvertoX hd.
You need to check the settings of the player and see if you can select "Other Audio" tracks.

menbed
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I confirm the problem in one of our players and opened a bug report here
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=9398
thanks for providing all the details on your trial and error tests!
troyb

Post by troyb »

I just tried the latest version 1.00.33 and My Pioneer player now has audio while keeping the DTS track.

Thanks!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,