new to using convertxtohd

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

jamesh1234567

new to using convertxtohd

Post by jamesh1234567 »

im new to using the program so i have a folder with 720p video files that is around 48gb so i am able to add all files to convertxtohd it says best possible result ( auto long project) so my question is how is that possible to add 48gb on to single layer 25gb bd-r bluray without video quality loss again new to this so if someone can help me understand this thanks
slee02

Re: new to using convertxtohd

Post by slee02 »

Any time you have 100% full video at 50gb.. and you want to shrink it to 25gb.. you have to suffer quality loss or use larger recording media.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I really think you should do the conversion do not burn the result, watch it and see what you think yourself if there is any difference in quality. If it is good for you then go to action / burn an already converted project.
Chevyguy85

Post by Chevyguy85 »

I think the OP might be referring to the fact that he/she can add an absurd amount of video files before the program says there is a quality loss, I.E something other than "best results". On xtoDVD I use that feature to know when I'll most likely see some video degradation, usually 2-9 tv episodes depending length/source, but with xtoHD I put over 2 seasons in and the program didn't say it was too much. So yeah looks like it might be a trial and error thing on the HD version.