2.00102 bugs

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

wtin

2.00102 bugs

Post by wtin »

Hi. Two bugs.

[b]Size of product (bitrate) doesn't get updated. [/b]
Steps to reproduce. Let's do a 25 GB blu-ray project.
Choose blu-ray output.
Import a couple of files. Look at bit rate of the files you have so far.
Change to DVD output. Note bit rate will change.
Change to blu-ray output. Note bit rate will change.
Import a few more files. Note the bit rate of these files are no where closer to what they should be.
Change to DVD output.
Change to blu-ray output. Note the bit rate is now adjusted equally.
** I do understand that you don't want the program to refresh the bit rate every time a file is added or deleted (as it will slow it down), but for those who don't realize is that this is the output and may not be what you want. I created a blu-ray output and it only used 1/2 the space of the disk, not realizing that the bit rate was pretty low **
I think a "refresh" button could be useful for this?

[b]Embedded subtitles won't show if there is more than one languages. [/b]

Using a custom profile. I create blu-ray disk with burn-in subtitle.
If the video file has more than one language SRT file (for example, episodes from Crunchyroll website downloaded with DVDFab Downloader, all languages are downloaded. Can't just choose English language).
So import a few video files.
CxTV2 may automatically choose the subtitle file for each episode for you (say, default to English in my case).
Click on [start]. Click on icon to see the preview.
Preview doesn't show the subtitle being created.
** The turn around is to delete other SRT files that you don't want to use. In my case, I delete DE (German), FR (French) and so on, and leave EN (English) one. The extension of each episode are of course SRT, and the names of the SRT files are very alike, like, "I love Lucy EN episode 1.srt" for English and perhaps "I love Lucy FR episode 1.srt" for French **

Thank you. Love your programs. I have the DVDfab blu-ray creator but I like your output better (cleaner) and the "Classic simple but elegant" template is perfect.

Lastly, got a Alienware laptop with GTX 3070ti card but I installed it on too many machines (to test obviously). Can the license be reset on all machine? (I only run it on my main desktop, dual Xeon with 128 G of ram and Quadro K5200 with Windows 11) so I can test it on that Alienware? Thanks. Right now using version 1 to test, and it can use CUDA but it crashed at the end.

p.s. The AVCHD output (for disk) has been working fine for my Sony BR and Sony 4k player for the last two updates. Please don't change it. :D
Attachments
bug 1.jpg
alexia
VSO Team Member

Re: 2.00102 bugs

Post by alexia »

Hello, :mrgreen:

Thank you for the feedback, I will inform our developers.

For the second point (subtitles), one of our developers check this and indeed this problem has been encountered since the last release, try to upgrade to the later version to fix this (if you are still having problems, do not hesitate to send me a message) :D

Finally for the license number I let you send me a message at support@vsosoftware.fr with your activation email to find your information in our database and make the changes,

Have a great day :D
Webdesigner :mrgreen:
At VSO team
wtin

Re: 2.00102 bugs

Post by wtin »

Thank you. Found something else. Will write out the steps to reproduce.

I love this program. I think (I had mentioned this a few years ago) if VSO just focuses on this one (instead of a separate Blu-ray converter or DVD converter) I think the energy will be worth spending on it (v.s. three or more programs at once).

The output is SO clean. I can pack up a 1 layer blu-ray disk (to like, a bunch of episodes, totally 7 or more hours), and the bit rate is down to 5 mb/s and it still looks good (no pixelation noted). Overall I am very happy with it despite the bugs mentioned.

Wtin