[Codec H265 not supported] conversion failed with hardware enabled

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Wolf-man451

[Codec H265 not supported] conversion failed with hardware enabled

Post by Wolf-man451 »

Trying to convert an MKV file to MP4 but I keep getting an error. It says "conversion failed with hardware enabled" and asks if I want to disable hardware encoding. If I click yes, the conversion fails again, saying that a problem occurred and then then the program freezes. I have it set to the MP4 (H264+AAC). I am I doing something wrong?
yoyo57

Re: conversion failed with hardware enabled

Post by yoyo57 »

Perhaps the file you have downloaded is partly corrupt (even if it seems to play ok), so it fails conversion.
To test for this try downloading a different file and try again.
VSO Gold Member
Anaïs
VSO Team Member

Re: [Codec H265 not supported] conversion failed with hardware enabled

Post by Anaïs »

Hi,

h265 is not yet supported by ConvertXtoHD.

We're currently porting our video engine to a 64bit version that will fix this issue and remove all 32 bits limitations (support higher resolutions, bigger working buffers ...etc).

In the meantime, you can use this little tool to make your h265 videos compatible with ConvertXtoHD :)

https://www.vso-software.fr/download_pr ... 5converter

Hope it helps!
Anaïs,
VSO Support Team
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Hello Anaïs,

I have tried this new H265 tool v0.0.1.1 to convert weird video streams to H264 and it seems to have worked great.

My only comment is once the conversion is 100% DONE, I would like to see the purple progress bar disappear and/or get a CONVERSION DONE popup to be 100% sure it's all done :)

I converted 2 files then played in VLC, video seems to jam when you use your mouse and slide ahead in the video. I will see if the same behavior occurs with the source file...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Just converted another one for testing, and OUTPUT file seems to take LONGER to restart playing after you slide the mouse, playing the video with VLC.

I will now run this Converted H264 file on ConvertXtoVideo2 and convert to H264/AAC and test the output after for changes :)
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Download with VSO Downloader (AS SOURCE) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgduhk26sIw

01 - Curtis Waters - Stunnin' ft. Harm Franklin (Official Video) ORIGINAL.mp4 [ Codec: AOMedia's AV1 Video (av01) ]
--> This video stream is *NOT* recognized in VSO ConvertXtoVideo2 v2.0.0.100
--> Play in VLC, just ahead with the mouse, video restart within 1 second, almost instantly

02 - Curtis Waters - Stunnin' ft. Harm Franklin (Official Video) CONVERTED with VSO H265 v0.0.1.1.mp4
--> Play in VLC, just ahead with the mouse, video restart after 8 or 9 seconds :(

03 - Curtis Waters - Stunnin' ft. Harm Franklin (Official Video) CONVERTED ConvertXtoVideo2 v2.0.0.100.mp4
--> Play in VLC, just ahead with the mouse, video restart within 1 second, almost instantly

YES I KNOW, the original file was *NOT* an H265 file, but was a good way to fix my video to ensure I have a proper H264/AAC Audio so my TV can play it. but it needs the 2 steps conversion if I wish to have a smooth video play after I use the slider :)

This test might interest VSO, why I have commented here ...
Padge007

Post by Padge007 »

youre better off encoding with other software they dont have anything that works with x265 or HEVC

they are light years behind everyone else
Padge007

Post by Padge007 »

X265 should have been done and supported ages ago same as a 64bit version of all your programs jeez its 2023
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Keep in mind, VSO now has 1 developper, not a team of 20 :(
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

Cougar_II wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:25 pm Keep in mind, VSO now has 1 developper, not a team of 20 :(
And who's fault is that? Certainly not the user's fault. They should just shut down the shop. Nothing useful has come out of VSO in years. Just reading the changelogs for any new VSO program update tells the story. They show nothing but bug fixes of previous bug fixes, not ones by the original developers but by the new one. He is just not a good programmer. On the rare occasions that I use a VSO program in recent times I only use the last version that the old developers put out. I don't normally use VSO programs anymore though because they are so out-of-date compared to what is available now elsewhere, even for free.
VSO Gold Member
Katia

Post by Katia »

Sorry to disappoint you but it's still the same programmer for more than 20 years, the same that created our programs.

It wasn't always easy for vso, between covid, software cracks, and just the drop in disc usage... Right now we're taking over and creating new software. Of course no one is forced to wait for us, the software market is wide today and everyone can choose what they prefer.
VSO Support Team