SD convert

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

KateCarver

SD convert

Post by KateCarver »

Hello Everybody,
I have a few episodes of a tv show that were recorded in HD 1080P. I want to convert these using convertxdvd video to mpeg2 files so that when I gather a certain amount of them I can use convertxdvd to actually build the DVD. humanrightsproject.org

Can anyone give me advice in the best settings to use and filters to maintain as much quality as I can. I know there be will a loss due to going from HD to SD but any help with keeping the result looking the best it can would be welcomed.

Thank you n advance
Last edited by KateCarver on Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: SD convert

Post by Cougar_II »

Hello,

ConvertXtoDVD should be able to convert those HD files directly, no need to use ConvertXtoVideo 1st…

The more files you add to convertxtodvd it will auto adapt the bitrate & quality settings…

I personally in the past try not to add more than 6 files, because adding more will decrease quality…

I was once told Lanzcos filter is the best, and using 2 passes will provide better quality.

Haven’t use those software in many years, so good luck & hope you end up with results you will accept / like…
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester