Can not Create Bluray Disc

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mikef0515

Can not Create Bluray Disc

Post by mikef0515 »

Hi,
I am a newbie in video-coding. I purchased this Software and I have tried to create a Blu-ray Disc from some .mkv and .ts files. None of this didn't played on my Samsung BD-F5100 Blu-ray Player. It had sound and subtitle but no image. I saw that ConvertXtoVideo creates the BD Disc with frame rate 50 , and h264 h5.1 profile. My player max profile is 4.1 and format PAL aka 25 fps. It's any posibility to change these parameters in software, and if so, how ?
How can I create a Bluray disc that will play on my player.
Thanks. Regards,
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Can not Create Bluray Disc

Post by JJ »

Which converter are you using?
There should be options to create Blu-Ray BDMV with different resolutions, from 480p to 1080p. (current versions are not supporting H265 and 4K)
You can finetune those to change audio to have less tracks to suit that BR player. Personally I would keep that original audiotrack and copy it to second track, converting that one to 2-channel, unless you are burning to re-writable.

I checked on your BR players specifications and it seems that it is very limited. It does not have 4k-upscaling, no surround sound support etc.
Best option would be to get newer BR player that supports more formats.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
mikef0515

Post by mikef0515 »

Hi,
I used Blu-ray 1080p option with H.264 1080p videocodec, at 25 framerate. But, I can't change parameters for this codec, as level which is 5.1, I guess. My BD plays max. 4.1. I will consider your advice to get a new BDplayer, but what intrigued me is the fact that on Nero Video I was able to create BD disc without problems, to play on my BDPlayer...
I guess, it was an excellent thing, if the user can change h264 codec parameters as in h264 generic case.
Thanks again...
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Did you check this "Convert DTS to AC-3"
cxd.png
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
mikef0515

Post by mikef0515 »

Hi,

I tried to convert to bluray some .ts files that had mpeg2 audio. No need to convert dts to ac3. I never tried convert to bluray something with dts audio track. I guess my problem derived from level of H264 codec. The software convert @L5 or @L5.1 for 1080p mode and my player can 't understand this. If it's exist the option for Low, Medium or High@L4.1, PAL, at 25fps , I guess the problem is solved. This implies to ad h264 generic encoder to bluray option to solve this, I think.
Thanks, Regards...