Please Reset - "Disabled Computer"

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Please Reset - "Disabled Computer"

Post by ira »

Hello,

I hope the entire VSO team are doing well. While I desperately await 'vso_convertxtovideo2 64 Bit' to be released HOPING that (as I had read on the forum) it should work in W7 again, I am needing to PERIODICALLY install CX2V into my Win 10 VM. My Win 10 VM is in my Native W7 computer where I have same program that will NOT run for the last 6 months as won't BLU-RAY converter for the SAME reason discussed in depth in a different post. I have other VSO programs installed that run in W7 as ALWAYS. You'll see I have lifetime licenses for EVERYTHING you great people create.

Last time when done in W10 VM, I formally uninstalled vso_convertxtovideo2_setup_2.0.0.100 hoping that I'd be able to REINSTALL it as/when needed. I just tried again, into my restored/baseline Win 10 Pro VM and got the 'Disabled Computer' block preventing me from entering my [lifetime] key. Reason for my NOT leaving CX2V installed in my VM is I ALWAYS restore the VM to a baseline after use.

A. Please resolve that Disabled Computer msg to allow me to license CX2V in my Win 10 Pro VM.
Disabled Computer.jpg
B. Will I have same problem if I take same actions... uninstalling VSO CX2V, restoring my VM, then at a later time reinstalling VSO CX2V?

C. PLEASE REPLY WHEN I AM ABLE TO INSTALL 'vso_convertxtovideo2_setup_2.0.0.100' in my Win 10 Pro VM.

Hoping you can resolve this quickly as I need to go forward. FYI: I have other products purchased/licensed that can perform the conversion, yours is the best. Hopefully I will be able to use it!

Incidentally, I tried to send Maggie this as a PM. Bother that msg and another just sit in the OUT BOX and do not get sent. Why?

Tnx,
Ira
Ira
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Please Reset - "Disabled Computer"

Post by JJ »

Are you wiping that VM after use and reinstalling from scratch or do you have a clean backup that you restore?
If first one, then that is clear reason for this problem as Windows generates new UID for it when installing, and to VSO that looks like a new computer each time. Hope they can fix this.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
ira

Post by ira »

I first uninstall CX2V. Surely, that should not prevent me from re-installing CX2V and licensing it even if it was on another computer. Anyway, I then delete the VMWARE W10 module folder. Next, I restore an Acronis image of the W10 VM that was last saved with MS updates. That is the original W10 VM installation anyway. This brings me to a clean (with my core utilities) Win 10 Pro.

My reason for installing VSO CX2V into my W10 VM is, as previously mentioned, it stopped working in W7, my native OS. I hope that the 64 bit version is released soon and it and BD Converter will again run in W7. Anyone have a estimate. Remember, estimates are never wrong.

Tnx,
Ira
ira

Post by ira »

Hello Maggie,

I replied to your PM saying the Lic Key you sent worked. I improved am pasting my reply here because the reply just sits in the OUT box. I would expect it to quickly end up in the SENT box. What is going on with this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Maggie,

Wonderful! yes, I was able to register my CX2V in my Win 10 Pro VM using the Lic Key you sent me.

Please answer all 4 questions below.

1. While I will leave CX2V installed in the VM, if I were to uninstall it as I had been doing, restore my last clean Acronis image of WIN 10 VM then install CX2V, will the license you provided work or I will have same problem as I did with my on LIFETIME License?

2. I assume that in my native Win 7 where ALL my VSO applications are installed and licensed, when you offer 64 Bit versions, (I really need it for CX2V for it run in W7 as VSO expects it will), will I be reusing my ORIGINAL LIFETIME LICENSE(S) and/or it will be seen on the PC when updating to 64 BIT apps.

3. Is the license key you provided ONLY for my CX2V installation in W10 VM?

4. Any idea when 64 bit version of CX2V, BD Converter, CX2DVD and perhaps VSO Downloader will be available?

Thanks for your continued support for your wonderful product line.

Ira
Ira
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

But maybe you are expecting too much from this software that is built for home use. On my vanilla Windows 10 install, that has none of the witchcraft that you do, all the apps register OK and run fine.
VSO Gold Member