Error Code

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

tom28

Error Code

Post by tom28 »

Hello. I am new here, looking for a good video editing program. I downloaded a trial of ConvertXtoVideo but it gives me an error and does not start. Then I downloaded a trial of ConvertXtoDVD to see if there is something wrong with my computer but it starts and it is a very good program. The error of ConvertXtoVideo is this: Exception EOleException in module vsoVideoConverter.exe 00108F13. Class not registered.
Also:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: vsoVideoConverter.exe
Application Version: 2.0.0.88
Application Timestamp: 5abbcffc
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Then you posted the latest update 2.0.0.100 but the problem remains. What is wrong? Thank you.
PS: I also downloaded an older version (ConvertXtoVideo 1) and still the same.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Error Code

Post by Maggie »

Hello Tom,
Does the program refuse to start?
Or the conversion?
Regards,
Maggie,
VSO Support
tom28

Post by tom28 »

Hello Maggie and thank you for your answer. The program refuses to start, no gui whatsoever. Just the error message. So, I uninstalled it, restarted, and then installed the update but the same thing. On the contrary ConvertXtoDVD works like a charm.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

please reach me at support @ vsosoftware.fr, we'll organise a remote control.
Maggie,
VSO Support
tom28

Post by tom28 »

Is it possible to find another way? Because the first thing I did when I installed windows, years ago, was to disable/uninstall everything related to remote control using a program (I think it was 7lite or something similar) and I don't have this option anymore. If there isn't another way, do you suspect what might be wrong so that I can give it a try? I searched internet for the error message and I already checked for missing or corrupted drivers, problems with visual studio or net framework but that wasn't the case. If nothing comes to mind then please consider this thread solved and lock it. Again thank you for your time.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

The few things you could try are:
-installing as admin
-installing without antivirus or check history and allow if blocked
-check rights of the apps/installer (right click properties)
Maggie,
VSO Support
ira

Post by ira »

Maggie,

Do you realize I reported the SAME BASIC Issue posted on Jun 13th viewtopic.php?f=51&t=21649 as tom28 posted that you began to investigate without a word from all that I shared at the forum and in a direct email with screen shots of the Windows Event Viewer and more?

Look at all that I have provided also. See that it is same issue. It appears that this issue is caused by some MS updated to W7.

CX2VIDEO and BLU-RAY CONVERT return the SAME KERNEL ERROR. These programs worked early June and mid APRIL for sure as you see a different post I made on April 13.

I suspect there was a security update installed in W7 that killed these two VSO programs a few weeks ago. I’ll be backing out Windows updates to see if it resolves the problem If I learn anything I will share.

Compare CVTX2DVD S/W design that does work with the two that do not work anymore.

Two great programs cannot be used in W7.

Get back to tell me VSO is working on this issue.

Tnx,
Ira