Fastest DVD conversion software?

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Chakusin

Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by Chakusin »

Hello everyone,,
I've been using ConvertXtoDVD for a while now, and I have been getting OK results. However, I'm not sure if this program is the fastest one out there. I mainly convert MP4/MKV files to DVD, usually of movies. One of the things I like about this program is that it allows you to save the VIDEO_TS folder for later burning, which I do with ImgBurn. I'd like to have that option in any alternatives that you guys suggest. I convert at anywhere from 180 fps to 230 fps using ConvertXtoDVD, and it takes, on average, a little over 15 minutes to convert a full length film. My CPU is an i7-4710HQ. Any suggestions on programs that can do this task faster?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by Coral »

I wouldn't sacrifice quality for speed. Having said that, I strongly think that CX2DVD has both. Very good processing time at very good conversion quality.
suhal

Re: Fastest DVD conversion software?

Post by suhal »

Typically, it will take 10-30 minutes to rip a standard DVD movie. Nevertheless, the time to rip DVD can be either shorter or longer based on the software you use, the ripping/encoding settings, your computer configuration, whether you have access to GPU Acceleration, etc.nulls clash