No Audio converting to AVI using H264 encoder

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

bertoss

No Audio converting to AVI using H264 encoder

Post by bertoss »

Hello,

When I convert to mp4 using H264 encoder, there is not any problem with the audio, but when I try to convert to AVI with the H264 encoder, I don't
have audio.
This problem I have for years, and I hope you will look to this problem.
For converting to AVI, i am now using an other program, but I hope in the future I can use VSO Video converter.

Gr. Bert
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: No Audio converting to AVI using H264 encoder

Post by Maggie »

Hello,

Could you try the last beta?
It is working for me.

http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.99.exe
Please check all three cleaning options. (see attached screenshot)
Tell me how it goes!
Attachments
Cleaning Before Install_ConvertXtoDVD.png
Maggie,
VSO Support
bertoss

Post by bertoss »

Hello,

I have the problem for many years and Clair said to mee about 3 years ago that they where working for a solution.
But the problem is never solved.
I am using the last beta version and I think that clean the settings don't work for me, because I have the problem for so many years.
Are you sure thay you have convert to avi with the H264 encoder using 6 channel aac audio?

Please let me know

Gr. Bert

PS. I can send you the converted file if you want
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hi Bertoss,
The source file would be useful. Claire isn't here anymore.
The current team doesn't recall your issue but if Claire didn't solve it directly it's likely to mean that the issue is only happening for a few users.
Our dev team is updating our FFMPEG library at the moment, it should be a solution for you.
Cheers,
Maggie,
VSO Support
bertoss

Post by bertoss »

Thank you very much Maggie, for your responce

I hope that the problem get solved with the next versions.

When not, I contact you again.

Gr. Bert
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

AVI is very restricted container;
Since its introduction in the early 90s, new computer video techniques have been introduced which the original AVI specification did not anticipate.

AVI does not provide a standardized way to encode aspect ratio information, with the result that players cannot select the right aspect ratio automatically (though it may be possible to do so manually).[5]
There are several competing approaches to including a time code in AVI files, which affects usability of the format in film and television post-production, although it is widely used. For WAV audio files, Broadcast Wave extensions were designed to standardize post-production metadata, but an equivalent for AVI files has not emerged.
AVI was not intended to contain video using any compression technique that requires access to future video frame data beyond the current frame. Approaches exist to support modern video compression techniques (such as MPEG-4) that rely on this function, although this is beyond the intent of the original specification and may cause problems with playback software which does not anticipate this use.
AVI cannot contain some specific types of variable bitrate (VBR) data reliably (such as MP3 audio at sample rates below 32 kHz).
Overhead for AVI files at the resolutions and frame rates normally used to encode standard definition feature films is about 5 MB per hour of video, the significance of which varies with the application.
More recent container formats (such as Matroska, Ogg and MP4) solve all these problems, although software is freely available to both create and correctly replay AVI files which use the techniques described here.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
bertoss

Post by bertoss »

Thank you very much for the explanation.