Latest beta version 2.0.0.98: Subtitles not working properly

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mue.mat

Re: Latest beta version 2.0.0.98: Subtitles not working properly

Post by mue.mat »

Hi
Well, both of you cannot reproduce the issue, so most probably I must have some kind of settings that causes the issue.
And I guess I found the problem in terms of subtitles, even I have to run further tests:

1. To be sure not "holding an old burdon" I made a totally clean reinstallation, deleting as well all kind of VSO software.

2. After changing/checking all kind of settings I guess I found the problem: As code page for subtitles I always had the basically recommended "UTF-8"
(because of the language Portuguese).
So I changed this code page for subtitles to - from software recommended/automatically generated - "Unspecified"

That means, after reinstallation and changing code page to "Unspecified", all kind of subtitles are working fine now (at least based of the running tests).

Hopefully the subtitle issue will not come up again, and I don't have to bother you any more.

Thanks for your patience and have a nice weekend

mue.mat
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Latest beta version 2.0.0.98: Subtitles not working properly

Post by Coral »

You are not bothering anybody. We are here to help eachother. Glad that it appears that you have solved the problem. :wink: :)