Re-install

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

wtin

Re-install

Post by wtin »

I realize there are so many times the program from VSO can be reinstalled (on the same computer). I am one of those users that try different things and am actively trying to push Convert X to Video (and others) to the limits. There are times I just wipe my Windows 10 64 bit from the hard drive and install a new copy. Lately I even uninstall VSO programs, hoping that the activation count will reset itself - and that is not the case.

I have a Gold membership and Convert X To Video serial number won't activate. Knowing that VSO is bleeding the money, I went ahead and bought a life time license for Convert X to Video. A month later, I did the same again (please don't ask why I do such a crazy thing. Some people just do, you know), and that new code won't install.

So just be aware of this.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Re-install

Post by JJ »

What are the error messages when you try to install with new code?
Do you have firewall blocking connection?
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
wtin

Re: Re-install

Post by wtin »

The error was "used on too many machines" or something like that. I was only used one time, so I was stumped. I also tried to cut and paste another serial number/code (from another product) and it too, said used too many times (and it shouldn't be at all.) I wonder if it's the activating server that was acting strangely.

I really do understand that no one wants to give it away, but I wish uninstalling it would reset the activation, or if there is a way to ID the particular machine so it can be activated offline (for that machine) for future installs, like what Corel does for Corel Draw / Corel Painter.

I am very happy to say that VSO has e-mailed me and the serial number / code was reset.

I use the program regularly and have found a few (minor) glitches. Will write about it when I wake up.

Upgraded NERO to 2018 but what a waste. The Nero Video is the same as the one before. Same with Cyberlink PowerDirector (the newest one). Still is terrible with subtitles and it overprocesses the files. With the right setting, VSO Convert X to Video creates very clean, sharp and crystal clear blu ray for me.

On the other hand, DVDFabs (64 bit) processes the files (to create DVD / Blu ray / AVCHD) very, very quickly (like 500 frames per second with GTX 1080, Intel i7 with 32 G of RAM) and can produce an AVCHD on a one layer DVD disk in like - believe it or not, 5 minutes.. BUT (there is always a but) its menu is so primitive (and ugly) and it doesn't have all the different settings that I can change (for example, for the subtitles, and precise editing/clipping of a video file) like VSO programs do. Lastly, I can't change the bit rate setting of DVDFabs either (I like mine to be high!) Yes, it really does process the file at 500 to 600 frames per second and now it does 4k blu ray creation, too.

Wtin