Create DVD with DTS 5.1 does not work

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Create DVD with DTS 5.1 does not work

Post by ira »

The following discovery was made converting a Blu-ray disc that includes both DD 5.1 and DTS audio tracks with BOTH ConvertXtoVideo .57b and Blu-ray Converter .86.

1. The ONLY audio track that was selected was the DTS track.
2. Convert DTS to AC3 was not selected (unchecked).
3. In both cases, the DVD that was burned did NOT have DTS audio. It was Dolby 5.1 audio.

Why?

Next, I'm finding that you folks are not responding to my questions in a reasonable time. I'm comparing to how your support was perhaps a year ago. The good news is for the most part, your products are wonderful. Please do NOT sit back and just "smell the roses."

Specifically:
A. I first sent you convertxtovideo-latest-beta-v2-t19582.html then again (different versio) cxd-v7-beta-t19580.html a 2nd time after not receiving a response to a the first time. No Response from you???

B. I requested the same Invert Cuts feature that is in ConverttoVideo (that I requested that you added - thank you) to be included in Convert2DVD invert-cuts-needed-in-convertxtodvd-t19865.html. No response or action from you???

???
Ira
Ira
wtin

Re: Create DVD with DTS 5.1 does not work

Post by wtin »

VSO software do not create DTS output. It can convert from DTS to Dolby.
ira

Post by ira »

wtin wrote:VSO software do not create DTS output. It can convert from DTS to Dolby.
I did not say your programs convert audio to DTS.

Again, look at options and you'll see an option to convert DTS to DD 5.1. If you have a media Disk or file that has both DD5.1 and DTS audio tracks and you do not check the box to Convert DTS to DD 5.1, the converted DVD does NOT include DTS encoded audio, only DD5.1.

I assume your ConverttoHD has same option and should be inspected for same issue.

Do you now understand what does not work in ConvertxtoDVD and Blu-ray Converter?
Ira
Padge007

Post by Padge007 »

if the audio that was selected was dts and the dts to dd5.1 convert was unchecked what did you expect to happen?

in my world it would mean there would be no audio as it doesnt output dts
ira

Post by ira »

Padge007 wrote:if the audio that was selected was dts and the dts to dd5.1 convert was unchecked what did you expect to happen?

in my world it would mean there would be no audio as it doesnt output dts
Please read keeping-dts-audio-t15404.html Tell me if Cedric works for "VSO?" So, while my ONLY desire has been to have the DTS track to be included in the DVD and I expected, logically that UNCHECKING the Convert to DD5.1 would simply pass the DTS track (and does not), after you read the thread I just stumbled upon, would you clearing explain how I too can have DTS included in the output. If it cannot be done, using Blu-ray converter, do you AGREE that it can be done using CONVERTXtoVideo (and select DVD there)?

Did we both learn something?

In general:
Information on-line in the Guide about the product - Audio Streams:
"Convert DTS to AC-3" in the General settings, then the Automatic setting will not convert DTS streams to AC-3"

I think your best action from this point is to make it clear "If the source only has DTS and option 'Convert DTS to DD5.1' is NOT checked then the output will not have ANY audio.
Ira
wtin

Post by wtin »

Ira - believe me when I say that there are bugs in this programs that I find very frustrating, I simply try to find a workaround for it.

This program can't produce DTS soundtrack, and it would be nice to be able to be told that (as you stated). It isn't so and that's that.

The company is not doing well and is down to the minimal staff. Not to say that whoever is left isn't working on the programs, etc., but I do think being angry at them for something like this may not be helpful as it is not a fatal bug after all.

Wtin
Los Angeles, CA
ira

Post by ira »

Hi,

I am not angry with VSO. I have always boasted that their products are the best. I accept that it can't pass DTS during the conversion.
Ira
wtin

Post by wtin »

Dear Ira,

I feel the same way too, about their products. Convert X To video produces clean blu ray and DVD (with the right settings that is..) and it works basically with all the files/formats that I have tried. SRT / ASS subtitles work well without any editing.
But the program is so buggy. I don't have a problem when I figure out the workaround (for example, bitrate bug - I thought it was a mere miscalculation that output of a blu ray disk is so and so MHz but if I change it to 480p and switch back to 1080p, it shows much higher (and correct bitrate). A fatal bug is something like GTX 1080 that I just got doesn't work with it in CUDA mode but most of the time works with NVNNC mode (for MP4 files, but not with TS files). I basically just adjust the settings that I know work or turn off hardware assistant and it just works, but quite slowly.

Convert X to Video has never been able to produce AVCHD disks correctly for Samsung blu ray (4k) player. Sony players have no problem with it. For this, I use DVDFab which works very well (and quickly, too, processing at 500 to 600 frames per second with CUDA on.)

I have gotten so used to how VSO software works. I love the ability to change settings, etc. no other programs at this price range have.

I am a user just like you (I think we're the only two in LA?) and I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on you. But I am frustrated and yet I feel bad for VSO for what they're going through. I added another Convert X to Video life time license two weeks ago when I wanted to install it on a spare desktop. It wasn't much money and I hope it pays some of their bills.

Wtin
ira

Post by ira »

wtin wrote:Dear Ira,

I feel the same way too, about their products.

I am a user just like you (I think we're the only two in LA?) and I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on you. But I am frustrated and yet I feel bad for VSO for what they're going through. I added another Convert X to Video life time license two weeks ago when I wanted to install it on a spare desktop. It wasn't much money and I hope it pays some of their bills.

Wtin
I have sent VSO suggestions ... wish list improvements for products. I haven't needed to devise workarounds. The VSO products I have/use regularly work fine. Some of my ideas for improvement got implemented when the company was doing well... last year.

Early on I thought you were from VSO then I realized your another "happy" user of their products. Years ago i found VSO Blu-ray converter and at the time bought only a lifetime license for it. About a year and a half ago, I tried a few of their other products, realized theirs was better than other publisher product I had bought. I then decided to buy a lifetime license for the entire VSO suite. I totally uninstalled the other products and installed VSO's. Recently, I have been thinking of d/ling the VSO applications that I hadn't acquired, just to save if ever [and I hope they don't] disappear. The ones I did not d/l I either have the capability from other s/w publishers or simply don't need the capability. Thinking about that.
Ira